Caught By Prongs

Everleigh
Regulus smiles at me. His big, beautiful smile that makes my heart melt every single time I see it.

"I would do whatever you'd like but if you don't want to go in there holding hands, you do not have to. If you do want to go in there holding hands, I would absolutely do it."

He's leaving the decision up to me about whether we tell our friends about us right now? It's up to me.

I drop his hand and we both let out a sigh. That's when I figured it out that we're both not ready. Those sighs just proved it.

"So we both aren't ready to tell people about us." I smile.

"I guess not."

"It doesn't have to be a bad thing. It's kind of fun to sneak around. We're living a double life and we get to keep it private from everyone else."

"You're right, Evie. We're living a double life but there isn't anything wrong with that. If you don't think the guys keep secrets from us, you'd be wrong."

"Believe me, I know they keep secrets from me. I don't know what it is but they're always running to these places every once in a while. They never told me or Lily about what they do."

"So we can keep our secrets too." Reggie assures me.

"You ready for breakfast now?" I ask. "I could really go for some food right now."

"Breakfast sounds nice right about now." Reggie admits.

-

James
Everleigh and Regulus walk into the great hall for breakfast, a little later than the rest of us. I wave at them to get their attention and Everleigh waves back. Something is different about them today. They both seem kind of... well they seem like they're hiding something. Like they have a big secret.

They make their way over to us and sit down beside me and across from the other guys and Lily.

"Good morning sleepy heads." I say to them.

"Morning." Regulus mumbles and Everleigh nods. What happened to them? They were in a pretty decent mood yesterday but today they just seem... off? I don't know.

"Are you two okay?" I ask them and they both nod.

"I'm just exhausted, we both are pretty tired."

"Gross-" Lily mumbles. "That is something I did not want to know about."

"It's nothing like that Lily." Regulus admits.

It didn't take long for them to forget about what they said and move on to a different topic of conversation. However, something is going on with them and I can't quite shake it.

While the others talk, I continue to keep an eye on them. I notice the two of them holding hands under the table and taking food off of each others plates. That's something they never did before now and the holding hands is new...wait.

Are they together...?

"So, you guys never said what you did on the weekend." I say to the pair of them. Remus was busy speaking with Lily and Sirius about some project they're working on. To be fair, I probably need to work on it too but I'm not focused right now.

"Nothing really happened. We told you that." Reggie says as he lets go of her hand.

"Why are you asking us this again James?" Everleigh asks but I just raise an eye brow at him. They both gave each other an odd look and then turn back to me.

So they're definitely together then. If they're that worried about something just by me raising an eye brow, they're hiding something. The two of them don't know it yet, but I know their secret.

How long until they tell the rest of us what's going on?

I'm not surprised that they're dating, if that's what it is. The two of them would make a good couple if I'm being honest. The way the two of them have been attached at the hip since they met and the way they've been there for each other when no one else was there for them.

Honestly, I'm surprised that they didn't get together sooner.

-

Regulus
Evie and I sat down beside James and across from the other three of them. I grabbed her hand under the table while we were eating our breakfast. I know I shouldn't be, but I just want to hold her hand.

Evie must feel the same way too because she took my hand and didn't push me away.

Sometime when we were talking with them and eating, James must have noticed us holding hands and he made it clear that he knows.

"I think James knows about us." I whisper to Evie as I drop her hand.

Shit.

He definitely knows about us.

"Well, I guess our secret is out now." Evie whispers to me before taking a piece of the muffin in front of her.

The rest of the breakfast was awkward for Evie and myself. We just sat there while everyone ate. Thanks to James, we didn't even know how to act the entire breakfast.

I shouldn't have held her hand.. she wanted to keep us a secret and I already blew it.