Forgive Me

Everleigh
Watching the sunrise with Regulus became a daily routine. The two of us sit up in the astronomy before class, watch the sunrise together and talk about whatever is on our minds or do homework we didn't do the night before. It's so relaxing and it starts your day off on a good note.

At first, Regulus would only come every other day to make it seem like he wasn't as interested in it as he actually was but eventually he gave up and started coming every morning.

Every morning he would come up, sit down beside me and say 'good morning Evie.' Some days he's not in the best mood but other's he's talkative and happy. On days that he's not in a good mood, I don't push him. I wish he would talk to me but he usually keeps to himself.

Today was one of those days that he's not in a good mood. He walks into the astronomy tower late and sits down beside me without saying a word.

"Good Morning." I say to him without looking away from the sky.

"Morning." He mumbles.

I don't say anything in return but I lay my head against the wall and continue to watch the sunrise, apparently in silence this morning.

The birds were chirping loudly and flying around, getting their breakfast. The sky wasn't too bright this morning, just a little pink. I'm grateful for the birds this morning because the silence is boring.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I finally ask, breaking the silence.

"No." He replies.

I sigh. Not that I expected his answer to be different. I hoped it might be, but I was pretty sure that was the answer I was going to get.

"Do you want to talk about something else?" I ask, hoping that we can at least talk about something else and not sit here all morning in silence.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asks, not turning his head to face me.

"I don't know... Lily and I are going to Hogsmede this weekend." I say, trying to get a conversation going.

"Oh, yeah. That's this weekend." He mumbles. "I can't go this weekend."

"Why not...?" I ask. I'm not trying to push but he always goes. He loves getting out of the school, even if it's only for a few hours.

"I can't." He replies.

"Did you get in trouble? Detention or something?"

"No, I didn't get in trouble." He says. "I'm sorry. I'm going to go, I'll see you later Evie."

"Oh.. okay." I say but he was gone. He left the room before I even got to finish saying okay. Something's really off with him today and I wish he would talk to me about it. I just want to be there for him and help if I can.

-

Regulus
I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone right now. My mother is putting a lot of pressure on me right now, sending me a letter every week basically. It's exhausting and i'm not allowed to tell anyone about them. If I do, i'll be disowned for sure.

She didn't speak to me all summer and it was torture. I may not agree with everything she believes but she's my mother...

I feel bad for walking away from Evie when I know all she wants to do is be there for me but it's hard. I don't want to get her involved in this because I care about him and want to protect her. If she knew any more about my life, she'd hate me. My family isn't good. Sirius was right, we're bad people and if she knew that, she'd leave. Maybe me pushing her away is the best thing for her.