Slughorn's Potions Class

Everleigh
I open the door to potions class and Professor Slughorn turns to the door to see who is coming in late. When he sees Regulus and I, his eyes widen and the entire class begins to whisper. It hasn't been that long, they're just being dramatic.

"Ah, Miss Scamander and Mr. Black.. nice of you two to finally join us." Professor Slughorn says.

"Better late than never." Regulus replies as we cross the room to take our seats.

"That's enough of the attitude, Mr. Black, you're not in the position to be speaking at all since you're so far behind." Professor Slughorn snaps.

Regulus presses his lips in a line, trying to hold in his laughter while Professor Slughorn continues with the lesson he was giving when we walked in. He's pretty angry at us and Reg isn't making it better by being a smart ass, but it is entertaining.

Professor Slughorn continues with the lesson and Reg and I are completely lost. I just sit there and try and figure out what he's going on about while Reggie just draws on the piece of parchment in front of him. I got him to come to class... he may not be paying attention but at least he's here.

The lesson was interrupted by a knock at the door and when Professor Slughorn told whoever it is to come in, James appeared inside the classroom. I nudge Reg to get him to stop drawing and pretend like he's paying attention but when he sees James, he smirks and goes back to drawing.

"Don't worry, he's going to have his hands full with James that he won't have time to pay attention to me." Reg tells me.

"Mr. Potter, what is it that you need?" Professor Slughorn asks James as he moves towards the back of the class where Reg and I are seated.

"Professor Mcgonagall caught me walking around during my free period and suggested that I come help you out with your class today." James explains.

"Ah, okay well you can stand at the back here and if I need you, I will call on you." Professor Slughorn instructs before turning and heading back to the front. He stops at our desk and looks down at Regulus, who's lost in his drawing to even notice, and shakes his head. He doesn't stop him, instead he keeps walking.

"You're really living up to your name there, Regulus Black." Professor says. There were a few laughs coming from other students but for the most part, everyone glanced over here and then turned back to the potions they were making.

"You have no idea." Regulus replies to Slughorn but he chose to ignore his comment. James stands behind Reg and I.

"Are you two still not talking to me?" James whispers to us. Slughorn is too busy with helping someone with their potion to hear.

"Depends." I respond. "Are you done being an asshole?"

"I was just joking around this morning. I didn't mean anything by it." James whispers to us. I look over to Reg and he nods his head.

"Fine, we're talking to you again." I say. James hugs me from behind and whispers, "thank god, I missed you best friend."

He moved to hug Reg but he said "I wouldn't" so James just patted his head instead.

"I'm surprised you two are even here. I've heard you guys haven't been to class in a while." James whispers.

"Evie made me." Regulus says, looking up from his drawing and glaring at me.

"We have to go to some classes or we won't be students here anymore." I add. "Unless you want to live at home again."

Regulus looks back at his drawing before replying, "No thank you."