Think On It

Regulus
Ever since I spoke to Sirius and Lily about marriage, I can't stop thinking about it. I want to marry her more than anything but is it even safe to do so? What would the dark lord do if he knew?

But she's laying beside me and she's fast asleep but all I can think of is her. Marrying her. 

I love her more than I've ever loved anyone and now my stupid brother and friend have it in my head to marry her. They don't even know why I can't do it yet and it's not like I can tell them either.

"Evie, are you up?" I whisper. I'm not trying to wake her up but if she's already up then there's no harm.

"I am now." She replies, shifting a little so she's facing me now. "What do you want?"

"I've been thinking.." I begin and she cuts me off.

"That's never good."

"Funny." I say. "I've been thinking about what Sirius was saying last night."

"Oh? About us getting married?"

"Yeah."

"What about that?" She asks, rubbing her eyes and starting to sit up.

"I think we should do it." I say. I didn't know that's what I was going to say until I said it. At first I was going to ask what she thought about it.

She sat up completely and stared at me for a moment. It was almost like she was waiting for me to continue and say something like "one day" but who knows if we even get a one day. I want to marry her now.

"You're serious?" She asks me.

"No, that's my brother love." I joke and she lets out a small laugh.

"Reg! You actually want to get married right now? With everything going on?"

"Well yeah. Wouldn't it be nice to have something good going on?"

"Is it safe for us to do that?" She asks me.

Honest answer, I don't know. It's not like she's muggle born so I don't see why it wouldn't be.

"I won't let anything happen to you." I tell her.

"That's not why I asked. I don't want anything happening to you."

"How about we think on it?" I suggest. I don't even have a ring yet and I want to ask her the proper way.

"Okay." Everleigh says. "We're still going over to my dads tonight, right?"

"Yeah, what time?"

"Probably right after classes are over so don't get detention today."

"Me?" I laugh. "When do I get detention?"

"Right, you have to actually go to class to get detention."

"Hey, you can't talk either! You've skipped just as much class as I have."

"I didn't say I was any better." Everleigh says, throwing one of my hoodies on and then throwing her robes on over top.

"You're so beautiful." I tell her and she smiles.

"Shut up." She says, throwing one of the dirty sweaters that was laying on my floor at me.

"What time is it?" I ask her. She checks the clock and her eyes widen.

"We're up kind of early, there's about 45 minutes until breakfast."

"Want to go read in the astronomy tower?" I ask her and she smiles.