Honest

Everleigh
After dinner, the six of us decided to hangout by the lake for a while before it's curfew. Reggie and I are walking at the back and holding hands but I need to talk to Remus. He keeps looking back at me and I'm assuming that he wants to talk to me.

"I'll be right back." I say to Reg before dropping his hand and moving forward, beside Sirius who is beside Remus.

"Hey Si, can I borrow Remus from you for a moment?" I ask.

"Uh yeah sure. I'll go talk to my brother." Sirius says, giving Remus a warning look. I smile and watch as he walks back to Reg.

I turn to Remus who is watching me, trying to see what i'm going to do or say.

"Hey Remus." I say, smiling eat to ear.

"Everleigh." He pauses. "What do you want?"

"I know something." I say. "Well, I think I know something."

"And what is it that you think you know?" Remus cautiously asks.

"I think you do have a relationship with someone but you're not telling anyone who it is."

He pauses.

"Uh-" Remus mumbles. "What makes you say that?"

"I think I know who it is too." I state.

"You- uh you what?" Remus stutters. He's nervous.

"Yeah but I won't say any guesses unless you want me to." I say. If he doesn't want me to know about him and Sirius... if they're actually a couple, then I will not say anything.

"You may guess if you would like to." Remus says. "Doesn't mean I'll tell you if you're right or wrong.

"Sirius." I whisper.

Remus looks up and over to me. "What?"

"Is the person you're seeing Sirius?" I ask again.

"I- how.. what...?"

"So i'm right." I say happily.

"How did you know that?" Remus asks, steadying his voice a little. Awkwardly looking around to see if anyone is listening to this.

No one was.

"I saw you two looking at each other at dinner." I reply.

"Oh.." Remus says.

"Don't worry about everyone else Remus. We all love you and support you and him if you're happy."

"I'm not really worried about what everyone thinks of us." He says. "Sirius is a bit worried that going public, his family will start going after me."

"Oh." is all I can manage to get out because I know that feeling. Reggie didn't want me to get involved in his family because they can be rather nasty.

"Please don't tell anyone about us." Remus begs me.

"Don't worry about it, I won't tell anyone but you guys shouldn't worry about living in secret. If you do decide to come out and be yourselves, we will all protect you both."

"Thanks Everleigh. You really are a great person."

"I know, i'm pretty great." I joke.

"I'm happy for you and Regulus. I've known that kid for a while and I don't think I've ever seen him happy, like genuinely happy."

"I'm glad that I make him happy, but he makes me very happy too." I say.

"You two are very good for each other, I can tell."