Secrets

Everleigh
"I'm on my way to dinner but yeah, we can talk before I go. What's up?"

"I was just wondering... why.. why did you guys put hot pink dye in my shampoo?"

"Lily told us that you said some horrible things to her after you found out about her and James."

"I told you that I like her and you said you don't think they like each other." Severus says. "Next thing I know, Lily is telling me that they're together."

"I'm sorry Sev- I really didn't know that they liked each other when you asked."

"Did you have to put hair dye in my shampoo though?"

"It was just a stupid prank." I say. "What did you even say to Lily? She was really upset."

"That's none of your business."

"Tell me." I demand.

"I don't want to tell you." Severus says.

"Tell me right now." I demand.

"Why don't you just ask Lily? Why must you bother me?"

"Bother you? You came up to me and asked me to talk."

"Fine." He mumbles. "I called her a tease and said she lead me on and then I might have called her a mudblood."

I didn't even know what to say after that. He called her a mudblood... after being friends since before they started school. That is something completely unforgivable.

"I can't believe you would say that to her."

Severus looked at me for a second and shook his head. "I didn't mean it."

"But you still said it and it was really messed up for you."

"I was mad."

"That doesn't make it right though."

"I'm sorry."

"You're apologizing to the wrong person but I wouldn't waste your time. I wouldn't be surprised if she never spoke to you again."

"Can you talk to her at least?"

"No." I reply. "I can't fix this for you. You really messed up."

I know he liked Lily but he can't treat her like shit and call her a mudblood. How could he even say that to her? I mean seriously, how could he say that knowing that it would hurt her. On top of that, he wants me to try and fix it for him? That's messed up.

For one, how could he think I would help him fix something like that? Did he really think that I would be able to fix something like that. On top of that, how could he even think for a second that she'll forgive him for this? He's no better than Bellatrix and Lucius.

"I'm going to go. Good luck fixing this one Severus. I really thought you were different but I guess you're the same as the people you chose to hangout with." I say before walking away from him.

"Just remember, you are best friends with one of us." Severus calls out.

I roll my eyes but I do not turn around and or stop. I'm not even going to bother. He doesn't deserve the satisfaction.

I walk into the great hall and see Regulus seated at our usual table alone, reading his book like always.

"Hey Slytherin. Why are you sitting alone?" I ask as I walk up and sit down across from him.

"I'm not alone now." He replies, smirking at me.

"Funny." I say.

"How was your day?" He asks, setting his book down.