Last Dinner

Time Jump to the end of the year

Everleigh
"Are you excited for summer?" Lily asks me as we grab our stuff and get ready to leave the library after studying.

"Yes and no." I admit. "I'll miss you and James."

"And a specific dark haired boy that you spend all of your time with."

"Lily!"

"Hey, I'm not blaming you. You guys are good friends and you know you don't have to hide that from me."

"I know! I'm not hiding anything from you."

"Are you guys going to meet up over the summer?" She asks me.

"I'm not sure." I admit. It's not like it'll be easy for us to meet up. His mother is very opinionated and if Bella has mentioned me, she'll know I'm friends with muggles.

"You should." Lily suggests.

"I'll talk to him about it... we'll see. I don't even know if he can."

"Relax. I didn't mean to get you all worked up." Lily jokes.

"Are you going to see James over the summer?" I ask. Lily smiles and turns her head away from me to hide the fact that she's blushing.

"I don't know." She finally says.

"Why wouldn't you?" I ask.

"It might be weird. We argue a lot. I'm not even sure we're that close."

"Oh shut up, you guys are that close." I say. "If you want, the three of us can meet up. You know, if you're nervous."

"Thank you! This is why you're my best friend." Lily says excitedly as she hugs me.

"I know, I know. I'm the best."

"Where are you sitting for dinner today?" She asks me as we start to head to the great hall.

"With Regulus." I say. "He asked me last night while we were doing homework."

"Okay, tell him I say hi and I hope he has a good summer." Lily says.

"You can come sit with us if you want to."

"I want to sit with James incase I don't see him over the summer." Lily says.

"Okay, I'll come find you two on the train tomorrow."

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then." Lily says, pushing open the door to the great hall. "Have fun."

"You too." I say.

I see Regulus sitting at our spot at the Hufflepuff table reading his book. He always reads a book when he's alone at meals.

"Hey Slytherin." I say to him when I sit down across from him. He sets his book down and smiles at me.

"Hey Hufflepuff, you ready to go home tomorrow?"

"Yes and no." I repeat. That's the only answer I can think of. I am excited to go home and see my dad finally. I miss him like crazy but at the same time I'm going to miss my friends.

"Same." He replies.

He must be so worried about whether or not his family know about me.

"Are you nervous to go home?" I ask. I wasn't going to ask, I wasn't sure if I should ask.

"Not really." He says dryly. I nod in response. Clearly he doesn't want to talk about it so I'm not going to push it. I grab some food and put it on my plate but he starts talking.