Meeting With Voldy

Everleigh
Waking up in Regulus' room with him asleep next to me is now my favourite way to wake up. I'm always awake before him because I'm used to just waking up early and Reg likes to sleep in when he can. I don't mind laying with him while he sleeps a little longer, especially because when he wakes up he's all embarrassed that he slept later than I did and always says 'you could've woken me up instead of waiting for me to get up.'

Right now he's still sleeping and I'm sitting up against the headboard and gently running my hands through his hair, lost in thought.

I'm trying to decide if the news that Regulus and I are now dating is news I should give my father in person or if I can just send a letter. I know he said he likes Reg but I also know his opinions on his family. Not that I blame him for thinking that way about his family because I'll admit they are pretty awful.

I was lost in thought when I heard tapping on the glass of the window across the room. I guess Regulus heard the tapping sound too because he was sitting up slowly and rubbing his eyes.

"Do you want me to grab the letter for you?" I ask and he nods his head. He's a slowpoke in the morning so I jump out of the bed and move towards the window.

I open the window slowly and let the owl inside. It flies in and lands beside me on the table. I reach down and take the letter from the owl and turn it over to see who it's from but it only says one name on it.

Regulus Black.

It looks rather official and important so I rush back over to the bed where Regulus is still rubbing his eyes and waking up. I hand him the letter and his eyes widen with shock.

"Shit." He mumbles, staring down at the letter in his hand.

"What is it?" I ask him curiously.

"It's from my mother." Regulus quietly says. "It's probably her telling me the date for the uh- the meeting with that person my mother was speaking about when we were there."

"Shit." I mumble.

"I should tell you now before I chicken out." Regulus says, setting the letter down on the bed beside him and turning to face me.

"What is it Reg?" I calmly ask him.

"The guy that my mother wants me to meet with is- is really dangerous and when I tell you who it is, you'll hate me."

"There isn't anything you can say to me that could make me hate you."

"My parents are working for a very dark wizard and they want me to join his side. I don't want to. I want nothing to do with this but my parents aren't going to leave me alone until I hear him out." Regulus continues.

"A dark wizard? Are you talking about the one who everyone talks about?" I ask, hoping that he'll say no.

I've heard stories about this dark wizard and he's dangerous. He invites people into his army and from there, I've heard stories that they go dark.

His army ruins people and I don't want that for Regulus.

"Yes." Regulus firmly replies.

"You can't go to that meeting Reg, I don't want you to join his army.. He's-"

"Dangerous. I know." Regulus says quietly.

"You have to go, don't you?" I ask, knowing the answer. I was there with him when his parents told him that he's expected to be at that meeting. His parents don't seem like the kind of people you want to piss off.

"I have to go." Regulus says. He's not saying it with any hint of anger. He's saying it calmly and gently. Reg is always patient with me, even when I'm acting a little crazy.