ashley

[Unedited]

Ashley believed she was the color of crumbling ash. She believed she was a tiny speck of dust in a rainbow ocean, so small and insignificant. Ashley was lost in a world where she was judged for not seeing the same things as other people did, judged for her colorblindness. Lost in a world where her white hair and silver eyes were an appearance made fun of.

She wished she wasn't different.

She wished that she didn't have to wish that.

Envious of kids the same age stare into the blue sky with wonder, though it was just a blank gray wall to her. Envious of kids the same age point at the rainbow and holler, though she could not distinguish the colorful arc from the dull gray clouds after rain.

Ashley dwelled between the middle of the middle, where opposites met and mixed. Where black and white combined to be gray. Though many misunderstood "gray" for being "colorless."

Ashley misunderstood too.

So she played alone, sang alone, drew alone. Sang colorless songs. Squeezed color out of red and blue crayons and came out with gray lines. Dreamed colorless dreams. She bled the color out of paint and started to wonder why "paint" was spelled with a "pain." Drowned in an ocean of gray alone. Got lost in that ocean...

Then she moved to the city.

It was as if something different came over her as she looked out the car window at the gray buildings and the streets. They almost seemed to be... not as gray as before.

Turning a corner. Stripes on the street. Zebra crossing.

And she saw something that was not gray. Something otherworldly to her gray world. Something no one but her had ever saw.

For Ashley saw colors in the colorless, rainbows in black and white zebra stripes.

- The story of an albino girl with colorblindness who is depressed at what she sees.

.....

This is the beginning of a series of lost children and teens in the world.

This story made no sense at all whatsoever but thanks for reading x.

Did you see the hidden message in this? Check the bolded letters ❤

This was dedicated to ethereal_quill , her username is enough to hook you! Check out her books, she has such otherworldly imagery and metaphors 💖