1 - Of Family and Unconditional Love

***STORY UNDERGOING SOME SERIOUS EDITING. :p DON'T READ YET. OR WHATEVER. CAN'T STOP YOU. HAHA

What would you do when all you've known is fleeting?

I would say to take everything a day at a time and simply enjoy it while it lasts. That's a pretty decent answer; if you ask me. If that's not enough, well then, excuse me.

What do you expect from an 18-year-old?

What do I know, right?

There may be a possibility that I'm an expert at everything temporary.

I'm dealing with it. I'm surviving it, at least; a stark difference from actually living.

You see, my mother, Clara's job involves a lot of travelling - mostly six months at a time. She's a training manager who works for the North American region of an international chain of hotels and resorts.

Fancy. Not really. The glamour and the pizzazz of all these expensive ass hotels begins and ends within its...well, more-than-four walls.

The company always hunted houses or apartments for us to stay in ahead of time and would give us generous perks if we decided on dining or staying at the hotel for a day or two.

It's not that bad of a deal.

We don't sponge my mother's benefits up like we're leeches meeting vampires and sucking all their riches.

We're classier than that. Well, after our year in Hawaii we were.

That was the beginning of our transient-express. And Clara's entire family was all aboard.

I'd toot or whistle but I haven't decided on the specific mode of transportation yet.

With my mom's job, a place could never reach "boring" status, which could be alluded to being a never ending vacation we could delight ourselves in. It's a perfect set-up for starting over; if that is necessary.

Our little mobile life has brought my family and me much closer to each other. Where there aren't enough people we could trust, we could rely on each other and there'd always be that confidence that nobody gets left behind.

It was that simple; especially because I don't trust people easily.

We were barnacles aboard a sperm whale. And I just decided on my form of transport: whale.

A little impossible but a girl can dream. Let her be!

Only a week ago, we were in San Diego, California. We stayed for a little over seven months and that was when I met my boyfriend, Gavin Wilson - tall, blonde, fit with an exceptionally attractive deep voice. He'd make a great phone sex actor. Ooh, la la.

Coincidentally, he's on the phone with me.

Right now, he's very sleepy and uncooperative, and I've been hearing more grunts and the flapping of his tongue as he salivates his drying mouth.

Nobody forced him to but he insisted on following through with a promise he made not too long ago. And I bet he's regretting it the longer we stayed on the line.

Time zones are the absolute best!

"You should go back to sleep." I suggested, adjusting my head against two stacked pillows to elevate it a little higher. Wriggling my shoulders slightly, I sought to find the most comfortable spot; making sure my phone stayed pressed against my ear. "It's still too early for you to be up. Besides, you have school, too."

"No." Gavin declined despite his words coming out breathy and slow - thick with sleep, which exaggerated the depth of his very attractive voice.

Yup. Phone sex artist, I tell you.