7 Battling Headaches in Brighter Tomorrows

Throbbing pain was all I felt when I fluttered my eyelids open. My vision pounded along with my headache. It was exceptionally challenging to keep my lids apart as they felt like they were glued together. Apart from that, my eyes were sore, my entire body was sore.

Thankfully, nobody even tried to open any windows or turn the lights on. Otherwise, I would have unleashed the tiger in me.

I nursed my head, rubbing my temples until I felt the slightest relief and I was barely close to my nirvana.

"We've been waiting for you." Chris said, unimpressed by my pain. His tone was quite daunting.

My breath hitched as I was startled. I didn't realize my siblings were in my room. I swiftly swiveled to the other side, holding my palm against my chest. The quick movement caused more pain to shoot up to my head. I groaned as I continued massaging my head.

My brother's arms were crossed as he maintained a rather stern expression. His lips were pressed tightly against each other as his gave me a piercing stare. Next to him was Taylor, who only looked worried, her brows stitched to each other, forming an arch in the middle.

"What time did I come home?" I mumbled, adjusting my head on the pillow.

"Three." He reluctantly answered, his front was still intact. "You're lucky mom isn't here."

I was starting to get irritated by my brother's scolding. He wasn't saying much but his tone was getting to me. My head wasn't in the best state and I had to hear some unnecessary yammering. Ok, they might be necessary.

I massaged my forehead, sliding my fingers down to my temples and back as my brother continued.

"Dad is waiting downstairs." He warned. "You better look better than this mess. He knows you went out to party, I'm sure-"

"Chris!" I exclaimed, slamming my hands against the bed. "Five minutes! I don't need you to fucking lecture me, ok? My head is bad enough as it is." I took deeper breaths to cope with my aggravation. My pulse sped up; making the pumping headache pace faster along with it.

Taylor was startled by my little outburst, her eyes widened as her jaw dropped. She took a step back, cautiously looking at us.

"Lauren, you're the oldest! You should be a little more responsible!" He insisted. He matched my tone, uncrossing his arms.

I huffed in frustration. I clenched my jaw. "What's wrong with having a little fun?" I glared at him, disregarding the pain in my skull.

"Little is when you're able to climb up the stairs and into your room by yourself." He forcefully pointed to where the stairs outside would be and then to me. "You cross the damn line when you can't maintain balance and crawl up the fucking stairs!"

I widened my eyes at the revelation. What happened last night? I thought long and hard about it. And then it came back, like gushing flood, the memories swarmed my aching brain. Tequila and vodka; Brad flirting with me, showing off his guitar playing skills with that stupid charming smile; James trying to get Jette really drunk as his hands traveled up her thigh while she seemed to like it; dancing on the sand, people were too close; sweat and the night mist; Camila leaving early.

It wasn't just my head that hurt, my heart wasn't too happy either as the memory of Camila's back continually flashed in my mind. She left.

I was in a daze as I recalled my wild night. There should be more things I couldn't remember.

"Breakfast in five, Lauren." Chris grumbled; he wasn't as angry anymore. He was now disappointed of me. He turned his heels and walked out of my room.