4 - We Welcome Change for the People it Brings

Lunch time.

Momentary freedom.

I had actually survived half of my first day and I am being dramatic, seeing as it was Saturday tomorrow, and I'd be left to my devices. Plus, there's the part where I only have one last class the period following the one after lunch.

I'd always felt as if school days were heavy bags I'd strapped over my shoulders and the farther I went, the heavier it got. I persevere anyway, even if the sweat trickling down my body were magnanimous beads that drenched me all over.

But if I had a choice, I would have ditched that thing. Well, granting I'd get a future without a high school diploma.

I joined the sea of students that I would have called a ginormous school of fish that were congregated along the hallways. Most had a general direction leading to the cafeteria while the rest of the unfortunate ones dragged their feet into their next classes; seemingly burdened by a useless limb.

I wasn't interested in any of them, of course.

Now, where did Camila go?

I made do with my average height, pushing myself up to the toes in the hopes of finding her. I have no specific idea why but I knew I wanted to find her. I don't quite know what to tell her after "hello". That is, if I don't pretend to casually bump into her.

My soul reacts to her; breathing life to it and making me realize that there are far more exciting things in the world that I have not explored just because of her presence. There seemed to be some sort of psychedelic thrill that would seep through my veins when she's around.

It's a gravitational pull really and I'd willingly let gravity tug me to her. I could pretend to be fighting against it, though I'd relish in the fact that it'd be futile.

My all too sudden kinship towards a friend reaffirmed my qualms about my relationship with Gavin. It was probably time to let him go. And having to do it over the phone or any other medium but face-to-face seemed a little disrespectful.

But if worse come to worst, I'd be forced to just call him, and get it done and over with.

For now, while my feelings towards Camila are confined in the realms of innocence - I am giving him a chance to redeem himself, and another push for me to try and love him back. I desperately hope it'd work this time.

My search was interrupted by a finger that relentlessly prodded my shoulder, digging onto my skin and dared the vile creature that is anger to poke out of me.

There was only one person I knew who had the audacity to do something that I specifically said irritated me. Even if I wanted to lash out or rip his head off and put it back on later when I'm in a better mood, I couldn't.

We were in public. Nobody needed to see momentary sibling rivalry. Apart from that, I wouldn't want Clara Jauregui's death glare aimed at me. Hers was far more intimidating than mine and then, there's my conscience. Seeing disappointment in my mother's eyes is quite painful and the twinge in my belly might as well twist my insides into a tight knot.

Besides, I was more overtaken by the relief from finally bumping into him just so I could personally see how he was doing.

"Hey, sis!" Chris smiled smugly, noticing my enraged features. He stood back and managed to cross his arms as if waiting for me to implode and bless him with my guts splattering all over the hallway. "What's up?"

"My temper." I narrowed my eyes at him in warning, pointing a stern finger at my amused brother. "Stop that."

Despite the struggle, Chris managed to bite on his lips to prevent them from stretching further; in turn, mocking me even more. He raised his hands in surrender, ducking his head slightly.