Titles At The End Of Names

I found myself in the middle of an incredibly enormous office belonging to two administrators on the fifth floor of a privately owned hospital. Camila had given me some anti-histamine which helped alleviate my allergic reaction. It was slightly easier to breathe and my airway had slowly been cleared up.

"What part of take care of yourself doesn't make sense?" Camila continued to ramble despite my numerous attempts at apologizing for somebody else's mistake. It feels as if she was compensating with my careless decision to trust the hands of the devil, who she really wanted to shove her thoughts down their throat. "Why did I even think it was a good idea to leave you there?"

My friend was impatiently pacing in the middle of the spacious office, brushing her hair, massaging her temples, anything. My eyes wandered around the place as I stayed seated, still coping with my allergic reaction. It wasn't as bad as I thought but my face was still significantly itchy.

"Would it help if I apologized again?" I raised my brows at her inquisitively. "I mean, Camz, I'm not dead or in critical condition. Please calm down." I implored.

She let out a sigh as she shook her head.

"Lauren, I'm sorry. I'm just really worried about you." She walked towards me and pulled the chair adjacent to mine. She held my hand and looked at me in the eyes with those fatigued chocolate irises of hers. "Are you ok?"

I nodded as gave her a slight toothless grin.

"I am, Camz. Just please calm down."

With that, she furrowed her brows and stood up again. Her right palm was against her forehead.

"Where are they?" She grumbled and I had a feeling she was talking about people I had not met before. She shot up and began pacing again. It was quite exhausting to look at.

The office was the size of my old apartment's entire floor. The walls were of a shade of light brown accentuated with white baseboard molding. The windows that were across and to the left of the door were wide and covered in timber Venetian blinds.

Upon entrance, a tall and wide cherry wood book case will come to view in the middle of two windows. It was filled with several volumes of a variety medical books. Within the spaces was an eclectic collection of ornaments; from a Victorian marble and brass clock, a pendulum, a gold golf trophy, a brass globe, a silver propeller plane and a black and red train.

Two elaborately carved wide cherry wood desks sit on either side, a couple of feet away from the wooden shelf. Both tables have identical major components like the vintage French colonial sage green lamps, the black laptops, and the glass horse figurine pen holders. Two simple antique wrought iron chandeliers hover above the specific desk to provide for efficient luminosity and the wheeled, red button leather chairs completed the work space. There were two chairs of the same material but a different design on the opposite ends of the tables for clients or patients to sit on.

I was sitting in one of them; the right side of the right table.

To the left side, just below the window, is a long desk with two printers and a fax machine. The opposite side had a similar desk, only that it housed a coffee maker, several cups and saucers, a tea compartment box, a sealed container of coffee beans among others. Above the desk is a multitude of framed diplomas.

There was a little basil green L-shaped fabric sofa set to the left of the door that had various frames of artworks done by a child or children nailed to the wall. The opposite side of which was a line of wooden filing cabinets. I saw at least five potted plants in that office.

"I heard my little girl is here!" I heard a deep voice erupt after the sound of the door opening, making both Camila and I look up to the specific direction. A middle aged man with dark brown hair, who was dressed in dark blue button down and black slacks with a white, doctor's coat walked towards my weary friend. "Is something wrong?" He queried as soon as he noticed the expressions on her features.