22 - Confrontations

School is filled with a sea of people trying to find their place in the world. But before they get there, this school is just a sea of lies; lies they often tell the ones who listen. For in this little ruthless society, most people often find fault in the purest of intentions.

I was not interested in most other's lives. Hell, I didn't about their daily affairs. If there was a soul I was desperately devoted to, I wouldn't have to answer that question. Camila Cabello's mind is a shadowy tunnel that I hope to shine a light on and inspect more clearly; I wanted to feel her pain or relish in her bliss.

Camila had always been pensive and lost in her thoughts and I am more than willing to take a plunge and dive into that ocean of uncertainty albeit the looming threats.

I took sharp breath as I straightened my posture. "I thought she didn't come today."

My heart was beating harder and faster that I feared blood will spew out of my body due to its overwhelming abnormality. I could feel my limbs growing weaker as my palms and feet moistened. With the unusually cold breeze sweeping through my face, I knew I was as pale as a ghost.

I rushed towards the last of the line of lockers to peer at the commotion in progress with Normani and Ally following close behind. My back was flat against the cold concrete while my side was pressed firmly against the tangerine colored locker. I took a deep, calming breath before I pushed myself slightly, just enough to see three girls a good distance from us.

"What the hell is your problem, Cabello?" Ivy sneered; stepping closer to Camila, glaring at my friend. "Kicking somebody in the nuts? Are you out of your mind?"

"I'm not talking to you, Ivy." Camila retorted firmly, momentarily glancing at the angered shorter girl. She was surprisingly calm compared to what I had heard. "I have important things to settle."

"You are whether you like it or not." Ivy insisted stubbornly while standing in front of Camila, separating her from Jette who was looking through her locker as if nothing was happening.

"Well, I don't." Camila shrugged casually. "But sure, what's up, Ivy?" Her sarcasm was uncanny; she tilted her head with an eerie looking smirk that I have never had the pleasure of meeting.

"You kicked my friend in the fucking balls, Camila!"

"Give me a break. He had it coming." She scoffed keeping the fake grin, shaking her head just as I remembered her doing before kicking Andrew forcibly. "He was disrespecting my friend."

I felt gratified to learn that she still saw me as a friend. Maybe I was just holding onto the slowly diminishing hope that she still does see me as one. However, she could have just said that to dismiss the unnecessary argument instigated by the Latina I used to live with.

"That still does not give you the right!"

Camila was slowly letting go of her restraint and no one was there to stop her. There was no more pretending to be casual. My friend was about to go at it and maybe, just maybe, I felt vindicated.

"Oh, you would much rather he disrespect you? Because that's the vibe you've been putting out there." Camila snarled, gritting her teeth which rendered Ivy speechless. She snickered bitterly; apparently satisfied with what she had done. "What's the matter, Ivy? Is this one of those unrequited crushes you have who hit on your attractive friends and not you? Is that hurting your ego? Because if I were to choose, I would have gone for Lauren any day!"

My friend narrowed her eyes at the quiet girl in front of her; even Jette stiffened at the little speech. It may have been a reality check that neither of my  former roommates wanted to talk about. But I could not deny that Camila was a force to be reckoned with. Her inquisitive tendencies give her perspective and knowledge that people don't want to reveal or admit.