26 - In Front Of Envious Eyes

I've been happy before. I've been contentedly happy with my life. I truly have. I was just unaware that there could be more. I thought I had seen everything a teenager could see and felt everything one could feel. And of course, with Camila, I've never been as wrong.

It isn't absurd if I actually said my past relationships were mediocre compared to the one I have with the younger brunette. That girl is my version of euphoria and I am constantly reminded of that everytime I am blessed with her presence. Heck, a single text message containing a single word could easily change my entire day.

The reunion with my family couldn't have been better. I made it up to them and stuck by their side all day, everyday. My parents were happy for me as I recounted my days with Camila. Michael Jauregui decided to brag about him and his apparently accurate predictions. I, of course, left the whole sex part out. I could only imagine the endless scolding until my ears bleed or lose their ability to hear.

Camila and I converse immediately after both of us wake up or before falling asleep. It had easily become one of my favorite traditions; my excitement over talking to her never squandering. She's quite addicting and I will never get used to the feeling she gives me.

I went on Skype and talked to the girl of my dreams when the clock hit 12 in Miami. Camila was with the girls and they were in the Cabello's again; yelling random things with their voices stifled by loud fireworks. I may have wanted to join them but I wanted to stay with my family, as well.

I spent New Year's Eve with my Jauregui's singing karaoke while sharing every sweet treat we could find in the house when I usually spend it with friends, partying the night away. I was not necessarily enthusiastic about spending it with Gavin and our common friends either. I was not willing to face the guy I betrayed who may have been right about his reservations against Camila. I didn't have residual feelings for him but exes can't really be friends. Besides, alcohol and I are on non-speaking terms indefinitely.

It wasn't long until January 4th rolled in and I was faced with another tearful goodbye. My family all took me to the airport, squeezing me extra tight while they wrapped me up in their lulling hugs. It was bittersweet considering I was leaving the four of the most important people in my life to reunite with one.

Goodbyes are excruciating, and like the exhilaration I feel when in contact with Camila, I will never get used to it and I hope I don't have to.

"Welcome back, new girl." 

Oh, that nickname! The huskiness of her voice filled the open room and the overlapping chatter that abound seemed to have been silenced. It wasn't just the room though, my senses were immediately flooded by her; inundating my entire being with that overwhelming feeling she gives me. I could instantly feel her love that I was certain if my heart ever gave out, I would provide the world with genuine, innate warmth. I could make out the playfulness in her tone and my head instantly snapped to the direction of her voice with a wildly beating heart.

I stood on my tiptoes, leaned from side to side while dragging my luggage haphazardly in search for the girl who apparently had seen me when I hadn't seen her. The sea of people that blocked my vision consumed me and my lungs decided to be difficult that I found it extremely challenging to breathe with every second that moved past. 

"Took you long enough." She playfully jested, giggling softly.

Suddenly, a clearing appeared. It was as if I was I was in a forest and a meadow appeared and in the middle was a beautiful flower, so simple that it was the most beautiful. There she was, my girlfriend; standing on a shiny tiled surface that made a dull, shadow-like reflection by her feet. She was in acid washed jeans and a graphic tee. Her hair was in its magnificent wavy sheen, some stunningly draped over her forehead and swept to one side; her aviator sunglasses sat by the crown of her head. Casual wear looked so breathtaking.