2. Convincing her😳

"Nandini can you come a little early today I have some important thing to discuss with you" sensing the important thing that shanu meant, she decided to divert the topic.

"Actually ma today I have to go to shopping with Navya or else she will kill me. She has even calling me since a month and due to my scheduling I am postponing it" tried Nandini to skip meeting the perspective groom.

"You are not going today and its final" Shanu said in a firm voice that really surprised Nandini because her mother always pampered her. This firmness was something new to witness in her mother.

"I know where this is leading to mumma. Which aunty came today asking for alliance?" She was really agitated by now.

"No. No one came. I saw the boy's profile in the matrimonial site and I really felt he will suit you"

"Mumma why can't you understand that I don't want to marry now! I am still yet to reach more heights in my career"

"Just stop it. You are already one of the leading gynecologist in the city. There are no more heights left for you to reach. And who told you your professional life will be disrupted after marriage? You can achieve greater heights together with a partner. He will be a contant support to you"

"Mumma I don't want anyone's support in my life. I am well capable of handling myself"

"This is what scares me nandu. Why don't you want to marry? Think of us think of the society Nandu, what will they say?"

"What is your problem ma the fact that an unmarried girl is staying in your house? If so, I will move out ma. As much as it hurts to say, its fine. I can manage"

"No nandu. Why can't you understand me in the right sense?!"

"Why can't you understand me ma. We were always been like friends. Why can't you understand me. The person who knows the best about me is now failing to even understand my perspective"

"What is your perspective Nandini? You don't want to leave us behind after marriage right? This is what your condition is. You don't really like the bidaai part"

"Yes. Atlast you understood me.If i leave you,then who will be there to look after you and dad ma? You are fine now but what will happen after you become old? How can you manage without me ma? I can't even imagine being away from you. Sorry this marriage thing isn't meant for me"

"You seriously thought I will not consider this? I know you better than anyone else okay! The boy whose profile I saw, lives just two streets away from our home. You can come here as and when you wish. And as far as the status is considered, he is a CEO and I have also asked people about his character. Every one told he is a gem and the girl marrying him will be the luckiest. Just try once my dear. See if something happens to me, your dad is here to take care of me and it's vice versa but think about you. After us, who do you have Nandu? Think about this. I know you are independent but atleast at one point of time we need a shoulder to rest or cry. The boy lost his father few years back but he built back everything. And you know the best part is, he is an amazing cook. Do give it a chance"

"Okay I will think about it" shanu mentally did a happy dance because she knew Nandini will agree to meet the boy. She knew this alliance would get fixed. Yayyy her Nandini will get married soon.

"Hello mommy dear don't zone out and do a happy dance already. I just told I will think about it"

"I know. I have this gut feeling that this guy is really made for you. I mean just look, you run away from the kitchen but he, he cooks everyday like a pro. What a pair"

"Bye mumma" Nandini hurried outside. After seeing her mother happy, she too became happy. For her all that matters is her parents happiness. She can do anything for their happiness.

***********************
Done with part 2. Any constructive feedback regarding the story? Will love to hear from you.