3. The meet🤞

It was evening and still Nandini didn't reach home. The door bell rang. Hoping it to be Nandini, shanu opened the door. But she was surprised by Manik's family.

"Please come in" she pleasantly greeted them but still nervous regarding the absence of her daughter.

"Namaste Shanu ji. I am nyonika and this is my son Manik. I didn't want to really trouble the girl and your family by bringing all of our relatives. Its only both of us who will be staying along with your daughter if she agrees"

"Sure and thanks Nyonika ji for considering our difficulties"

"Shanu ji even i am a lady. I know what we all go through when random people give assessing looks to you" she laughed at her own joke. Shanu was greatly impressed by Nyonika. That moment she knew, she will be another mother to Nandini. Thinking about the devil, the devil steps in. Nandini at last came from her hospital wearing a tired expression on her face. Seems like a long day for her. She was surprised seeing the groom's family. She expected them today but not this early.

"Nandini go change and come down dear" this was all that she wanted to listen. She quickly escaped from her spot and reached her safe place- her room. She changed herself into a blue anarkali. She is not huge fan of makeup and hence applied kajal, kept bindi and went down.

 She is not huge fan of makeup and hence applied kajal, kept bindi and went down

That was the most awkward moment of her life. She didn't know what to do. She simply stood beside her mother who was busy talking to Nyonika. After what seemed like an hour and Was actually a couple of minutes, they gave her the attention.

"Hello Nandini" politely greeted nyonika.

"Hello aunty" she too greeted her.

"This is Manik and Manik this is my daughter Nandini" briefly introduced Shanu. For a fraction of second, Nandini and Manik both held an eye contact. Nandini had never been this much nervous seeing a guy. She had a jittery feeling. Her insides were shaking with the new feeling. Although she met many men in her life, this one man seemed really different to her. Nandini quickly checked him out and noticed that he was tall and well build.

"So Nandini how was your day today? A busy one?" Questioned Nyonika trying to be friendly with Nandini.

"Yes aunty. I was really busy and I apologize for coming late. Had an emergency in the last moment" she said feeling really guilty for making them wait for more than an hour.

"Its okay dear. I am truly impressed by the fact that you are prioritizing your work over personal lives"

"Definitely aunty. Others can wait but the baby trying to pop out just out of its mother's womb can't wait aunty. It needs immediate attention or else both the lives are at stake"

"Correctly said. I appreciate your dedication towards your profession"
Nandini smiled a little. Thats when her mother dropped another bomb.

"So Nandu, why don't you show Manik our little garden?" There comes the typical way of sending girl and the boy out to talk. She nervously noded.

You can do it Nandini.

**************************
How do you feel about this chapter? I can absolutely relate to Nandini. Poor soul😅