37. And Manik likes you! 🥰❣

Nandini came out of the washroom and Manik just smiled at her. The best thing about them is, no matter how much ever close they are, both doesn't disturb each other's private space. Manik didn't overwhelm her after that little moment of theirs. Nandini quickly slid down the bed and turned to the other side, trying to control her raising heartbeat. Manik switched off the light and that was when they realised that the bed was comparatively small. Manik's house had king size bed and Nandini had queen size bed. They had to sleep close without any choice.

"Hope it doesn't hurt" said a concerned Manik who had just wrapped his hands around her, pulling her to him. Nandini was almost double attacked with his words and actions. She couldn't concentrate.

"Huh what?"

"The hickey on your neck, hope it isn't hurting you " Nandini unconsciously kept her hands on her neck and smiled. Manik too smiled. He slowly removed her hand and kissed that spot again. She felt it extremely soothing and his open mouth wet kisses were doing something to her. She held his T shirt tight and he stopped, instantly noticing her. He pulled her closer and cuddled to sleep.

The next morning, as usual Manik woke up, but didn't go out of their room. He simply lay admiring the beauty in front of him. He just couldn't believe that she is his wife. Things felt surreal. The feelings he is developing for her, felt warm. He felt something pure. He wanted whole of her, not just body. He wants her with whole soul. She just brings him back to joyful life. She has got everything that he would like in a woman. Confidence and maturity, at the same time childishness in front of him.

Shanu knocked the door and Manik quickly went to open it.

"Oh god! This Nandu hasn't still woken up. She is supposed to wake up before you and serve you tea, and here it is just the opposite" beamed Shanu slightly feeling disappointed with her daughter (no matter how much  cool our parents are, at the end they just want us to follow some traditional rules, and we ofcourse rebel).

"No aunty. She is working hard and she needs rest. Moreover I am a morning person and this habit of her  waking up late is absolutely fine" he defended Nandini and Shanu was speechless. Mothers always protect their daughters and seeing a man defending for Nandu, just made up her day!

"And I am proud my husband is defending  me against my mom" said Nandini who has just then woken up. She hugged Manik and wished both her husband and mom, good morning. Shanu couldn't control her happiness. At the end of the day, Nandini's happiness is all that matters to her.

"Finish off your romance and come down for arti at 9, okay?" Said Shanu and she immediately left to give some space to the couple.

Both of them got ready quickly and walked to the puja room. They did a quick daily puja and went to eat. For a change, Shanu made Manik's favorite recipes and our drama queen was annoyed by it.

"Mumma, who is your child, me or him?"

"Both"

"Then have you stopped loving me? I have come here after a long time and I don't even get my favorite breakfast" said Nandini faking a worried expression.

"Nandu, he is our son in law and he is coming here for the first time. Why can't you understand? Do you have to be dramatic everytime?" Manik unknown to everyone, sneaked in to the kitchen and made Nandini's favourite grilled sandwich and came back to the dinning table only to find her sit with an annoyed look.

"You know what, you are bad ma. He came few days back and now you are cherishing him. What about me? No one likes me. Everyone likes Manik "

"And Manik likes you!" Came an involuntary reply from Manik and everyone looked at him shocked. No one expected him to confess his 'like' in the dinning table. Nandini saw her favourite sandwiche and literally, snatched the plate from him rewarding with a cheek kiss.

"You are the best Manik!" She said happily eating her food. Everyone smiled at their growing relation, silently making a prayer for forever happiness.

*********************************

Did you guys like this chapter? If so please do vote and comment, I will cherish it.

Did you like Manik's attitude in this chapter? Pretty dreamy, right?

Did you like their cuddles and talks before sleeping?

I find Manik absolutely caring and protective throughout this story, is it so?

Will they fight again? Will someone come just to separate them?? Will their love, oops, whatever they have sustain forever??

Target 190+ votes and some comments:)