31. The argument 😡💔

Nandini was scared to hell seeing the board members. She didn't feel scared because she committed any mistake but she was just randomly scared (like how we got scared of principal during our school days)

"Dr.Nandini, you look frightened. Have some water and take a seat" she did as she was told and she calmed down instantly.

"Actually, we have been wanting to do this since a long time but we got suitable tides just now. We have planned to arrange a medical camp in an abandoned village. That village is located at the other side of state and we will take the forest route to reach there"

"We want you to guide the other interns in your department and you will be the incharge person for your department. We expect coordination from you"

"Sure doctor. It is my pleasure to be a part of medical camp and I will ensure that my team will give their best efforts"

"Great. This is why we decided to have you in this. Okay, now we will discuss the plans for tomorrow" saying so, they instructed and got suggestions from everyone regarding the village medical camp. When they were satisfied, they winded up the meeting. Just when she was about to pack up, her intercom binged.

"Dr.Nandini speaking"

"Doctor, Sheela mam's patient has just now slipped into her labour. There is only one duty doctor and the head nurse is on leave"

"Coming" Nandini immediately rushed to the labour ward and changed her clothes to surgical ones. Long day Nandini!

When she successfully delivered the baby, she smiled. Any difficulties can just fade away seeing the sight of a baby. She discarded away her surgical clothes and headed straight to canteen. She didn't have much option rather than coffee, bread and jam. She ate her food and came back to her cabin. She checked the time in her clock and it showed 2am. Wow. What a day. She silently packed her bag and when she checked her phone, it was switched off. She sighed. She took her phone away when it was charged only for 40%. Serves you right.

She drove away straight to her home and was delighted when she saw Manik standing near the gate. Without thinking much, she threw herself on him. She badly needed a hug. But she sensed something wrong.

First of all, Manik didn't sleep yet and while hugging, he didn't even hug her back. Second, his body radiated heat and anger. Anger, why? Third, he didn't utter a single word. She knew something was definitely wrong. She rushed to Nyonika's room to see if anything was wrong, but she was sleeping calmly. She closed her room and went to their room. She need to sleep. She has to get up around 4am to leave to the village camp. All the doctors will meet at the hospital at 4:30am and then take a van to reach the village. She had to go there and check if every necessities had been taken care of. She took a warm shower and retired to bed.

"Wait. After creating a ruckus you don't get to sleep that easily " came Manik's voice. She was too exhausted to even speak and this man over here is inviting her to fight. She decided to be quiet because in a fight if two argues moreover she is just tired.

"Nandini, where is your phone?" She looked into her phone that she has currently put to charge. Manik came near her and pulled her out of bed and screamed

"Answer me dammit!! If you don't know to receive any calls and simply just switch it off, you should simply not own a phone" Nandini somewhat knew, he was worried for her. His concern is making him shout.

"Its battery got drained" stated Nandini out of fear. She was frightened because this is the first time she is seeing Manik angry. He was always the calm one.

"Don't you have landline in your hospital or simple, don't you own a charger? Where were you Nandini? I even came to your hospital to check on you but the receptionist told me that your duty got over and you must be on your way to your home. Do you even know how worried I was for you? Can't you for once call and let me know you will be late?" Nandini had no words to tell.

"Sorry I was held up"

"Where were you after your shift and why did your receptionist tell me you were not in hospital?"

"I was present at the hospital only. The receptionist could have said that because she didn't really know what is happening inside the doctors group"

"Don't just give me excuses. I don't want to tell you something that I will regret later "

"Manik, tomorrow I have to ..." just when she was about to complete the sentence, she was stopped.

"Just stop it. I am not in a mood to listen to your nonsense right now. Let's sleep" after his words, he slammed the door and went to sleep in their hall. It broke Nandini. Why can't you listen to me Manik? You were always understanding, but what happened to you Manik? She quickly wiped her tears away and saw the clock, it showed 3am. Wow. She sided her thoughts and let sleep engulf her. She woke up immediately after 1 hour and got dressed up for the village camp. She wrote a note to her mother in law and did the same to Manik. She also told them that her phone will be out of reach for 2 days. It saddened her to leave out everything behind especially when they had an argument. She was never the one to run out. But, duty calls.

***********************************

Omg!! Their first fight, not fight but argument. I just felt both were right in their shoes.
What do you think? How will they resolve things between them? Will everything ever become normal for them?
How many of you feel sad for them? How many of you want MaNan to return back to their old self?
Do vote and comment, it would give me immense strength as an author.

Much love ❤