7. Engaged❤

Both their parents agreed for lehanga and immediately went to select a dress for Manik. He wanted it simple- a shirt and pant. But both the parents were reluctant about it andso they decided to go with Sherwani. They chose a peach colour sherwani which contrasted Nandini's royal blue. They quickly went to the jewellers and brought the necessary items. Nandini left them after her shopping because she got an emergency call from one of her patient. Manik was bored to the core. They finished off by buying same colour saree for both the mothers.

The day of engagement:
Didn't know how the days rolled off really quick. During this entire period, both the families were busy with the arrangements and the guests. Only relatives were invited and media people were not allowed inside the engagement hall. Nandini although didn't want to do any make up, everyone suggested her to go for a simple basic makeup that every bride is expected to put. She was clad in her lehanga and adorned with her jewelleries. The makeup artist did a subtle makeup with nude shade lipstick and sparkly eyes. She looked pretty.

The guests were filling up quickly and the couple too waited eagerly for the moment of their engagement. Manik chose the couple ring and he sent the picture of ring to Nandini via his mom's whatsapp and asked for her approval, since she wasn't present while shopping the rings. Nandini genuinely liked the rings and that's when she realized- Manik Malhotra has a great choice in both dresses and jewelleries , both of which she doesn't like. He completes her. Their story was a different one. Everywhere a girl is expected to look after their family and house bit here, it was Manik who took care of all the things. This man is truly a gem.

The priest called them and both stood together. First Manik was handed the ring. He like a true gentleman, went on his knees and held Nandini's hand like it was the most precious thing in this world and slid the ring. Nandini couldn't stop herself from grinning ear to ear. He stood up. She then carefully slid the ring into his finger. Unknowingly, both of them intertwined their hands together. Everyone hooted for them and Nandini couldn't stop blushing. She is now officially engaged!!!

The couple posed for several photos with guests and atlast had a hearty meal. What surprised them was they haven't still exchanged numbers yet they behave like they know each other for centuries. May be it all happens with the right person. May be the key for an arranged marriage is the mutual respect. Eventhough they didn't know each other for a long time, Nandini felt an unknown feeling of safety with Manik. He too felt unjudged for being himself. He felt happy seeing her smile. May be the old tales of jitters in a bride is actually true in this modern world. Everyone smiles and the perfect candid family photo was clicked!

  Everyone smiles and the perfect candid family photo was clicked!

*********************Yayyy!!! They are engaged! Did you like the story so far,  do let me know

Yayyy!!! They are engaged! Did you like the story so far, do let me know. If you liked the story, do hit the star button. I am definitely not begging for votes and comments but little appreciation doesn't hurt right!