28. Your husband❤🤗

Update to make your Monday better. I honestly hate Mondays 😔

***********

Soon the leave ended for both of them and both are back to their respective work.

Manik was comparatively free that day and hence decided to surprise her during lunch break. The staffs were instructed to keep his visit a surprise. Nandini on the other hand had an extremely tight schedule and an appointment during lunch break made her want to scream. She is just tired of running around the hospital and checking the patients.

She heard a knock, assuming it to be a patient, she calmly told come in. She was too much engrossed in studying the patient's case file. She suddenly realized that the person didn't sit and didn't even greet her which she found is a little bit strange. To take a look at that mute patient, she raised her head and her face instantly broke into smile. She literally had happy tears. She was exhausted and seeing Manik brought some relief to her. She quickly ran and hugged him.

"Manik! I didn't know you will come"

"That's called as surprise habibti!"

"Omg Manik! You don't know what goodness you have bestowed upon me after coming here" let's be dramatic here.

"I can see it in your face Nandu. Now come let's eat and then relax. I have currently booked you for 1 hour"

"Huh? Booked me? But I am not a CEO, I am a doctor and no one can book a doctor for specific time. You never know when emergencies arise"

"I know, I know Nandu. For now let's eat" saying so, Manik took her to a nearby cozy restaurant as she was already bored with hospital canteen food. She moaned when flavors of food burst in her mouth. After quickly finishing their food, they went straight to her cabin.

"Back to this place" exclaimed Nandini. Manik suddenly rose from his seat and went near her. Nandini was initially taken aback. C'mon it's her hospital and she didn't want anyone to see them in any compromising position. She began walking back as Manik walked forward expecting his next move.

But what he did, warmed up her heart. Her man gently pushed her on her seat and took off her specs. With 0 ego, he massaged her head and shoulders bringing a huge wave of relief to her. What more does one need? She at that moment felt the most luckiest one. His hands, definitely had some magic. She instantly calmed down and felt refreshed.

She smiled at him and mouthed a thank you.

"What is the need to thank me Nandu? You are visibly tired and I just want you to relax"

"I didn't know how lucky I got to get a husband like you"

"No. I am lucky to get a selfless wife like you. You are sacrificing yourself for your patients"

"That's because I am a doctor Manik. And we don't need huge appreciation as we know it's just our duty but these little gestures definitely matter. You are a CEO and still you came here to meet me"

"I may be the CEO but to you, I am always a husband and it's my duty to make you feel better" Nandini could no longer control herself. She hugged him as tight as possible and rested her head on his chest listening to his heartbeat. She had read in many romantic novels that listening to your loved one's heartbeat brings relief. But, she for the very first time experienced it and she craved for more. His gesture was amazing and that was all she needed to restart the day. Both felt contended and didn't want to separate from each other's arms. But fate decided to put a fullstop to their moment.

Her phone ringed and the receptionist from other side informed her about the waiting patients. Nandini sighed.

"Send them in 10 minutes" She cut the call and again hugged Manik.

"Thanks Manik for today. No one has ever done something like this for me. This little gesture warmed up my heart and restarted my day" Manik smiled and Nandini was back to her doctor mode.

***********************************
Precap: First kiss 💋

I loved this chapter honestly. Those little gestures always matter.

Guyss the 30th chapter is nearing. Don't limit your thinking with the precap alone. Think more, why am I excited for this story from chapter 30?!

Did you like the chapter too? If so, please do vote and comment. That little gesture of you, can bring immense happiness and energy to write more.

Much love