46. Truth confession 😔😡

Manik and Nandini reached home. This time it was Nandini who drove the car and Manik like a kid sat in the passenger seat. He felt scared seeing her. She was having a dominating aura in her and he didn't want to argue anything with her. But why is she angry, didn't she defend Manik in the office?

They reached home and Nandini went to the room straight. Manik too followed her. She ignored him and changed herself to a comfy dress. She wore her glasses and sat to read a medical journal. Like seriously! 

Manik tried talking with her but she gave that I don't give a damn reaction. She didn't even acknowledge his presence. He was annoyed with his wife. He went near her and tapped her shoulder. She ignored him.

He finally lost it and pulled her by holding her arms. He removed her glasses and held her tightly so that she is facing him. She was blocked between the wall and Manik. He badly wanted to talk with him.

"Arghh Nandini, why can't you speak to me? You defended me in office, why are you angry now?" Great way to enter the hungry lion's den.

She threw away a book from a nearby table and Manik luckily caught it. Otherwise, it would have made a straight hit to his eyebrows. What an aim!

She didn't just stop with the journal, she hit him with everything she got in her hands. Right from comb, pillow, empty water bottle, cushion, everything. Even her big makeup brush that she seldom uses. How the hell did she escape his hold?!

"Arghh Nandini stop hitting me yaar I am sorry " he finally apologized as he didn't want to face her wrath. He wanted a simple understanding relationship with him wife. Is it too much to ask?

"Why are you sorry for?" She shouted matching his tone.

"I don't know may be because I am the reason for your anger?" He said slowly itching his ears, that he usually does when nervous.

"See this is your problem Manik. You don't even know why are you sorry"

"No nandu. I know why I am sorry for but I just can't put it in words" guess things are getting bad right now. He couldn't manage.

"What are you? Dumb in English/ Hindi? Wait should I call that 10Rs water bottle to speak up for you?" Eventhough Nandini was angry, her statement made Manik laugh!

"Where did you get that name Nandu, 10Rs water bottle"

"Isn't she looking the same Manik, small, no shape, no curves, fake lashes, no proper dressing! Wait. Don't divert me!!" (No offense, just for fun)

"Sorry"

"Again sorry? Just answer my questions. Is this why you are behaving distant for the past few days? " Nandini asked and Manik's face instantly fell. He really thought he can manage Soha as it was just a matter of few days but he couldn't.

"I am not taking silence as answer Manik! Answer in words"

"Yes Nandini. We had recently partnered with Khuranna's and that man is one hell persistent one. He always demands my presence and I was okay with it but later, he stopped coming and as a free package came his daughter. She was flirting with me and I didn't like her. I thought she will go off after letting her know that I am married. But that stubborn girl latched plans to separate us. I was afraid to tell this to you as I don't know how you will react. If this issue angered you, then her plan would have been successful to separate us. I was scared of loosing you. I am sorry. I really thought I can manage for few more days, but I guess no" Manik poured out his heart and he was relieved. No matter whatever she thinks about him, he want her to know the truth. The truth that was crushing his insides from a long time.

************************************

At last, the truth is spoken. What do you think will be Nandini's reaction?

This story I guess is nearing an end. How do you think this story's climax should be?

Do vote and comment.

Stay safe,
Much love ♡