34. silent treatment 😶

Coz I am feeling down. Seeing your votes and comments might cheer me up.

**************

"Manik, you know I am getting an award this Sunday" beamed Nandini out of excitement

"Wow awesome!! Congrats Nandu" said Manik and hugged her to congratulate her.

"Thanks Manik. My parents and Nyonika mom are invited for the event"

"Am I not invited?" Said Manik faking a heart ache.

"You are added in the list by default Manik" said Nandini by smiling in a cheesy manner.

"Nandini but I have an issue" stammered Manik and instantly Nandini's face fell. She didn't expect him to reject her offer. That's when the argument began.

"Don't tell me you are not coming Manik"

"No. It's not like that"

"Then what?! Why are you hesitating?"

"The thing is we haven't announced our marriage to the public. I don't want people to look us in the wrong way"

"So what? I don't care. Whom do you care more? About me or the public?"

"Of course about you. But I don't really want people to speak ill of us. We both are having good reputation in this society. I don't want to ruin it"

"Manik, you know what? Get lost. It's my fault that I expected you. I am not expecting anything from anyone from now on. Expectations leads to disappointments. And you just proved it" When Manik was about to reply to her, she just cut him off. Nandini didn't know what made her soo emotional, she quickly hid her tears and barged to her room. She was hurt. She didn't expect this, atleast from him. All the excitement for the awards just vanished away. The whole day she was just in a sore mood. She wondered how weak this marriage made her. She had never been this much emotional ever in her life. This guy, definitely did something to her mind and heart! She ignored it and decided to give Manik silent treatment.
The day was pretty dull and hence she called her best friend Navya to accompany her to shopping. She informed Nyonika and went out with Navya and gave every details of that day's fight.

"I think you should have listened to him Nandu"

"Oh my God Navya, you too? You know what, I hate this day. My best friend and my husband fought with me"

"Nandini, from when on did you turn this much moody? Where is your sanity? Just calm down okay"

"No I can't. How do you expect me to behave when my husband just declined accompanying me to the award function. Am I not even important to him?"

"It isn't like that. He didn't want your reputation to be ruined. How pleasurable is it to hear 'the best doctor having affair with best business man' Calm down. Here, I have brought you some dark chocolate, eat it"

"Don't blackmail me with chocolate"

"Its okay. Anyway you will have your parents and Nyo aunty. They will cherish that moment. Cheer up girl" Nandini eventhough was not convinced, smiled because her parents will be proud and happy. Let him go to hell. She has her parents as her pillar of support. Her heart still, craved for him! Arghh this is annoying.

She finished off her shopping and went home by 9. Manik opened the door for her and he smiled. That girl, had the nerves to ignore that beautiful smile and marched off to her room. Manik too followed her. She quickly went to the washroom and took a long hot shower. He waiter for her, but seems like she is purposely avoiding him. He was desperate to make her talk with him. But Manik didn't know this girl of his is strong headed.

"Listen, I am sorry okay. Don't give me this silent treatment. I can't take it anymore " she rolled her eyes. She just got more aggrevated seeing his attitude. Like who apologizes in such a rude manner?

"I..." just when Manik was about to tell something, Nandini grabbed her bedsheet and pillow and went outside. She couldn't take it anymore. What happened to their lovey dovey marriage?

***********************************
Why are they fighting again when they have just now patched up. Oh god 🙄.
Did you think whatever Nandini is doing now is right?
Let me know what you think will happen further in this story. Do vote and comment, I would love to hear from you all.

Much love ❤❤