24. Little things ❤🥰

Having no other source of entertainment, Nandini and Manik went to sleep at evening 5 and woke up abruptly at 11pm. Both their stomachs growl, indicating their never ending hunger.

"Manik, I am hungry"

"Yeah me too. Let's see if mom has left anything for us to eat" saying so, he opened the fridge and found a bowl full of paneer butter masala and Naan in the other box. Nyonika was graceful enough to leave them gulab jamun for dessert. Guess, this is the only food remaining from their wedding. Not wasting any more time, he heated up the food and called Nandini.

"Nandini,come let's eat" she too quickly came to the dinning hall and both had their food in silence. The time was around 11:30pm. It is supposed to be their sleeping time but considering the fact that they have already slept a lot, both were as fresh as flower.

"Manik, do you feel sleepy?"

"LOL. I am a morning person but due to our disturbed sleep schedule, I am vibrant right now"

"Can we watch something?"

"Chinese drama"

"K drama"

Both Nandini and Manik said at the same time.

"Manik Chinese please. I love you are my destiny "

"Nandini, Korean please. I love descendants of the sun"

Both tried a lot convincing each other but none of them were convinced.

"Fine! We will go with 'little things' " concluded Manik and that's how they binged watched the entire season in Netfix. They have prepared themselves well for the bingewatch by stocking up hide and seek biscuits, gulab Jamun, and some chips for a crispy feel. Dude, keep reminding me she is a doctor and he is a fitness freak.

Both settled down in the couch and Manik kept his legs on the small table kept before him. Nandini snuggled with the pillow, that was eventually replaced by his arm.

Both watched the TV like true couple, literally. Nandini rested her head on his shoulder and he rested his head above his head. And during the romantic scene, Nandini unknowingly snuggled more to his arms and he too hugged her shoulder, a bit tight.

Soon both of them again dozed off but this time, in each other's arms. Nandini slowly shifted her head to his lap and Manik too rested his head on the cushion that Nandini previously had and slept in the sitting position itself.

After a while, Manik woke up feeling pain in his neck and saw that Nandini had fell asleep in his lap. All these, felt different to him and a thought of protecting her came over him. Who knows, the city's best gynecologist will lie in his lap wearing a simple pajama that had prints of mickey mouse. Nandini is definitely not a girlish girl who loves shades of pink. Whenever Manik saw her, she was decked up in blue.

He checked the time and the clock read 3am. They still had more time to wake up. He slowly raised from the couch and carried Nandini in bridal style to their room.

Nandini too out of sleepiness held on to his neck. After reaching to their room, Manik slowly laid down her and she immediately cuddled with Manik. Both of them thus slept, holding each other.

Nandini rested her head on his chest and the soft heartbeat was like a lullaby that made her sleep even more in peace. Manik had his head above her hair. The smooth feel and mild fragrance of her hair, calmed his nerve, thus making him sleep with a smile.

************************************

Do let me know if you liked this chapter or is it only me, who fell in love with this cute version.

Do vote and comment, it would mean a lot.

Guys important, please answer this.

What is your ideal story length?

1. 20-40 chapters
2. 50-60 chapters
3. More than 100 chapters

Please let me know, so that I can alter this story accordingly.