fourteen

ALICIA

I decided to take Luke on a trip to the famous Central Park, much to his delight when he found out there is actually a replica of the coffee shop Central Perk from FRIENDS. He was so excited giggling like a child.

We caught the subway after a lot of begging from Luke. He was fascinated by everything looking at every poster and sign. This was a completely new world from Australia and his face was lit up like a Christmas tree at everything.

Luke forced me to go into Central Perk, expressing his profound love for it. We ordered coffee and sat in the window seats.

"New York is so beautiful, like you." Luke said gazing outside, snow gently falling.

"It is, but I'm not." I replied looking intently at my coffee cup to avoid eye contact.

"Shut up, you are beautiful than this whole damn world, and there are some pretty amazing things here." He told me, lifting my chin and moving hair of my eyes.

"Thank you but no I'm not, I'm nothing compared to this world."

Luke decided to drop the subject and talk about something I have a great love for.

"Don't you think it's interesting just looking at people and figuring out their stories, what brought them to New York?" He said looking out the window in complete awe of the place.

"It is possibly one of the best things because you know aren't alone in this vast world." I replied.

"You're never alone, even if I'm three hundred thousand million miles away I'm still with you." He told me kissing my cheek.

There was a old couple sat opposite us, and were looking at us. The old man sighed and said, "Remember when we were young and so in love."

I looked over and smiled at them, they went red when they realised we heard them.

"Sorry, it's just you two look so in love and you're lucky stuff like that doesn't happen often anymore." The lady said.

I couldn't help but blush at the comment. I turned round to look at Luke again, only to be met by a spoonful of cream on my nose.

"Luke, oh my god why did you do that?" I practically screeched at him.

"I wanted to see if you looked any cuter with cream." He had to think of quickly. "You don't by the way."

"That is the worst excuse ever, and I can't get it off." I sighed, frantically looking for a napkin.

Suddenly I felt something wet touch my nose, Luke's tongue. I sighed as he licked it off, then sat back in content.

"Was that necessary?" I asked laughing.

"Completely and utterly necessary." He smirked.

We walked around looking at the sights for the rest of the afternoon, taking stupid photos of us doing weird things. We also went into a big department store, three floors of complete mania. As we were looking in one shop Luke spotted a photo booth and persuaded me to go in it.

When we came out of the store we were met my the familiar faces of Frankie, James and Morgan- aka a minority of the people who ruin my life.

"Oh look who it is, Alicia or better known as the emo freak." Frankie snarled.

"What do you want?" Luke asked defensively.

"Aw who's this? Your boyfriend?" Morgan laughed.

I gulped uncertainly, taking Luke's hand.

"Look I don't know who you are or what you want from Lissy but fuck off." Luke seethed angrily.

"Or what?" James said clearly thinking it was funny.

"Or I will beat you up so hard you won't be able to sit down for a week without being a pain." Luke threatened.

"Really?" Frankie practically laughed.

"Please don't." I whispered to him quietly.

Luke ran his thumb over my hand before releasing it, and punching Frankie square in the nose. He stumbled backwards but steadied himself then attempted to hit back but was met with Luke's arm blocking it. Then James tried to punch Luke, only to be thrown backwards.

Luke then grabbed my arm and pulled me into an alley away from the boys.

"Who were they?" Luke asked semi-breathless.

"Just the people who make my life a living hell, although you didn't need to do that." I replied.

"Hearing that I am so glad I did." He chuckled.

"You really didn't need to do that though." I told him leaning in for a hug.

"Of course I did, I need to protect you." He said whilst wrapping him arms around me.

And in that moment I felt safe.

AN: Sorry that I am so bad at writing fighting scenes and that this is a shitty chapterrrr :o

Fun fact: There is in fact a replica of Central Perk to commemorate the 20 years of FRIENDS.

Fun fact #2: I hate using exclamation marks :))))))