twenty one

To Luke,

Twenty 28 days and I still have heard from you, a month feels like a year without you.

I heard you on the Radio yesterday. Your band made it. I stopped and cried remembering the sweet songs you used to play to me, only me. It seems you have a fan base now them all screaming how much they love you, nothing could compare to my love for you.

Everyday is getting harder to live through, and I don't think I'm strong enough anymore. On the outside I'm fine but deep down I have a black hole consuming my life, craving it like bees crave honey.

Last week I cut too deep and too much, I am in hospital and Adam has stayed with me the whole time. I wish it was you though. Adam has been spending more time with me as he is concerned, it's nice to feel wanted again.

I hope you're okay.

Alicia.

Tomorrow I have to leave the hospital, although I hate hospitals its better than having to go outside. Adam has visited everyday which I am extremely grateful for as I'd probably not make it through the whole time.

Adam offered to post the letter so I was alone for a bit. It felt weird actually being alone, normally there was always Adam or a nurse around me.

Adam told me that even the other people at school were concerned about me all of a sudden. He said I was the talk of the school and everyone was really shocked.

A nurse came in and told me that she said for Adam to go home and pick me up tomorrow and that I should try get some sleep.

I woke up and saw Adam sat in the next to my bed on his phone. I shook my head and chuckled at him, causing him to look up startled.

"Oh hey you're up." He smiled.

"Yep and I'm sure as hell ready to go home." I told him, laughing.

"You seem much happier today, did you have a good dream?" He asked standing up.

"No... Yes. But I finally get to go home." I grinned itching to get out of the bed.

"I'll go get the nurse so you can get ready." He said before standing me a pair of leggings and a sweater.

After he left I got up and quickly got changed, then folded up the hospital clothes.

Adam came in smiling along with a nurse who looked equally happy. "So you're leaving us Alicia?" She asked. "Please stay safe and look out for yourself."

I nodded then signed my name on a document she handed to me. She took it back then smiled for the last time, then left so I could finish getting ready to leave.

When I got home Adam refused to leave because he wanted to make sure I was okay, I was. We went upstairs and I put One Direction on as I missed their sweet voices. Memories of me and Luke fangirlling over them came back but I pushed them aside and thought of Adam who was here with me. At first he didn't like the music but eventually he got into it and was singing along with me.

By the time he left it was late but I was still a laughing mess nearly crying from having so much fun. I actually felt happy. I felt like I did when I was with Luke, but it wasn't the same. I didn't want Adam to become Luke I never have and never will, but Adam has looked after me and protected me when not even Luke has and I am forever grateful.

I went downstairs for some food when I walked into my Dad.

"Alicia, I am so sorry I didn't come visit you in hospital but I have something to tell you." He told me.

"It's okay, but what do you have to tell me?" I asked unsure.

"I got a promotion! I know it's probably not that exciting but I get so much more money, although I will have to work more." He replied smiling.

"Dad that's great, I don't mind you not being here as often." I told him, I then hugged him something I hadn't done in a long time.

I walked to Broken Records as I had work today. I didn't expect to see Adam already in the shop; he normally comes in at around three o'clock not twelve. He greeted me with a big smile ready to annoy me for the next five hours. People would come up to Adam and ask where an album was and he'd awkwardly say he didn't work here and tell them to go to me, meaning I had to talk to more people than necessary.

Today was different. Adam was helping people find albums and tuning people's instruments, something he never did.

"Why are you helping people all of a sudden, you never normally do?" I asked him confused.

"Ah you see young Alicia, I work here now so you're stuck with me for five hours instead of just two." He grinned.

"Great. Just great, I come here to get away from you and now you're here as well." I laughed joking.

"Well fine then, you can talk to customers and put all the albums a-z all by yourself then." He said sarcastically.

I ran over to him as he started walking and grabbed onto him. "No don't go, I'm sorry."

"Fine." He fake groaned.

Adam then put One Direction on and started singing causing me to join in. We were dancing around the shop seeing as no one was in there. We were getting weird looks from people as they walked by but we were laughing and singing so hard we were nearly crying.

Just as Act My Age finished we heard the doorbell ring and none other than Frankie, James and Morgan came in. I immediately stepped backwards automatically wanting to run away.

"If it isn't the girl who cut too deep, isn't it a shame you didn't cut a vein." James snarled.

"Hey! That is horrible to say to someone, how could you? I thought we were friends." Adam butted in.

"Yeah were friends but you've got a sad, depressed, freak of a friend now and we don't want to be friends with her. Weirdo." Morgan laughed.

I could feel my eyes burn and I wanted to leave but I couldn't give them want they wanted. I wanted to say something but I knew they'd laugh.

"Please don't be mean to Adam, say what you want to me I agree anyway but not Adam. He doesn't deserve it, he is one of the nicest, sweetest, kind hearted people I know and you should be lucky he was your friend." I spoke up. Everyone looked at me stunned as I actually spoke.

"Whatever loser." Frankie huffed before whispering something in the other twos ears.

Soon after they left and there was only me and Adam in the shop like before.

"You realise you didn't have to do that." Adam told me leaning on the counter.

"But I wanted to." I replied.

"Why? You hate them." He asked confused.

"That's what friends do."

AN: Sorry for all the little filler chapters but something big is coming soon!

I put the beginning of my new story Alone which is a Lashton one, please go check it out :)))))