twenty three

Arriving in New York felt like coming home. I remembered going to all these different places with Lissy, remembering how sweet her laugh was and how her eyes sparkled. But now I was sat in the back of a cab watching everything fly past in a blur of grey and bright lights. My heart was beating faster as I got closer to her block.

Soon it started raining which pissed off the cab driver, him muttering incoherent words under his breath. Not wanting to distress the man any more than the weather already was I told him I could walk from here so he could go home. He thanked me as I got out and paid my fares.

When the cab drove off I actually realised how stupid I was. I was standing outside in a place I'd been to once, while it was raining with my luggage and me nearly soaked through already. I started walking in the direction I remembered walking in, passing some familiar roads. When I saw the coffee shop I went to I knew I was getting closer.

I must have taken a wrong turning somewhere as I ended up walking past many shops, expensive ones. It felt like I had just burst into a Barbie film, endless roads full of shops such as Gucci, Louis Vuitton, etc.

That's when I started panicking. I was frantically looking for someone who I could ask but everyone looked like they were in their own little busy worlds getting on with their own things. I turned down a quieter street so I could get my head around everything and think about how to get back to Lissy's house. I started walking down the street, past some cool looking shops. The music shop, 'Broken Records'. I immediately recognised coming down here so we could get to the music shop. I quickened my pace excited about figuring out where the hell on Earth I was.

Soon I saw the familiar have broken record on the side of the building and the letters 'BROKE RECORDS' hanging limply against the brick wall, the letter 'N' which must have fallen off ages ago, still gone. I peeked through the window and saw a face I actually recognised amongst the millions of others I'd seen today.

I quickly walked in immediately starting to dry off.

"Uh, sorry we are closed I'm just-" Adam started saying, "Luke?"

"Hey, hi... Look I know this is really probably inconvenient for you, but please could you help me get to Lissy's house?" I asked awkwardly scratching my neck.

"You don't say, damn its inconvenient. She's waited three months for you, she doesn't think you're ever coming back." He told me sighing.

"But I'm back! I feel so bad I couldn't talk to her, I really did. Please tell me where she lives so I can make it up to her, I love her so much." I practically begged.

"I'm warning you Luke, you better not hurt her again." He warned me.

"I promise."

"Go up the street, then turn left, when you reach New City Apartment go to the third floor. Its door 12." He said as I left.

"Thank you so much." I told him before heading towards her house.

ALICIA

I was curled up watching the This Is Us movie, cuddled into a blanket. I was quite content, my Dad often bringing me the drinks and food that I wanted. I don't know why he was being so nice to me as I all I did was give him shit for sending me to therapy. He came and joined me but told me he was not going to watch the film, but instead read something his work wants him to.

About half way through I heard a knock at the door. At first I was reluctant to answer it and my Dad me he wasn't going to. I slowly got up and went to answer the door.

I opened it to find Luke.

Luke.

He was standing there drenched with a stupid grin on his face that made you want to laugh and smile as well. Before either of us could say anything Luke picked me up and smashed his lips onto mine. It felt like home.

After he just held me in his arm, his forehead against mine, smiling like an idiot.

"I missed you cutie." He breathed slowly.

I chuckled against him but told him, "I missed you to penguin boy."

He put me down and I actually let him inside. We walked into the living room and I told him to sit down.

He looked around awkwardly but then sat down next to me.

"Look, I'm so so so sorry Lissy. My band, it has actually gone somewhere. I went and stayed in London for three months, I left the day I got back from New York. Management gave me a phone with all the contacts I needed on there, apart from you. The whole time I kept thinking about you and how much I wanted to go and see you, but I knew I couldn't. When I got back yesterday I read all the letters you sent me and listened to your voicemail, my Mum found me crying on the floor. I messed up, I know I shouldnt of left you but I wasn't thinking. It was my Mum who told me to come here, because Alicia I love you so much and I don't even know I survived three months without you, but I do know I never want to do it again." He had tears in his eyes and looked as though he was going to cry.

I was crying and I didn't know what to say so I just cuddled into him and cried onto his chest.

"Luke, I messed up. I went too far. I know I shouldn't of, but I did and I can't believe I did. You probablt hate me for breaking my promise but verything got to much." I cried pulling away then slowly pulling up my sleeve.

I showed him all my cuts that I did. The ones where Adam came and helped me. The ones where all I could think about was him, the ones where everyone was laughing at me. All of them, on show.

"I'll always love you Lissy, no matter what."

AN: I FELT SO HAPPY WRITING THIS :)))) THEY ARE REUNITED.

THIS BOOK IS SO CLOSE TO FINISHING I CAN ALREADY TASTE THE TEARS I WON'T EXPERIENCE FROM THE BOOK ;(((

COMMENT, VOTE, FANGIRL