fifteen

LUKE

Today was finally New Years Eve. I was giddy with excitement to be able to give her the ring and watch her life light up. I also am going to kiss her at exactly twelve o'clock, I have been waiting till today to make sure it's perfect.

Alicia was taking me to her favourite coffee shop called Boho Café. I put black jeans, my 'GO ALL THE aWAY' tee and my varsity jacket over a black hoodie. I saw Alicia sneak my Nirvana tee on watching it fall on her back, being multiple sizes too big.

As we were walking to the bus I was Lissy shaking with coldness. I slipped my varsity jacket off and wrapped it round her, then pulled her in close to me and gently kissed the top of her head.

I followed her down this small alley towards a dimly lit room. As we walked in the smell of coffee filled of lungs and a great sense of warmth washed over us. The café was a small rectangle shape with high stools by the windows, and mismatching armchairs scattered around. We went up to order our drinks Lissy knowing immediately what she wanted, Cinnamon and honey coffee and a chocolate brownie. I ordered a Thai tea along with a chocolate brownie also. We sat down and watched rain gently hit the window creating a abstract pattern.

A boy walked in around our age and headed towards us.

"Hey Lissy." The boy said happily, "Who's this?"

"Oh hey Adam, this is Luke my boyfriend." She replied smiling.

"Hey." I said awkwardly.

"Ooh you got yourself an Australian, and he's cute." Adam laughed.

"He's not that cute, he's annoying." She giggled hitting me.

"Fine then, I'll have my jacket back." I joked with her.

She wrapped it round her and hissed at me. "Never."

We chatted for about an hour more until Adam said he needed to go home to get ready for a New Years Eve party.

"Talking of New Year what are we doing?" Alicia asked as we left the café.

"We are going to see the ball drop." I replied smiling, thinking of my little secret.

"Ooh yay!" She giggled as we walked along the crowded streets of New York.

We ended up spending the rest of the day walking round Central Park Zoo. We saw the penguins after a lot of pleading from me, and saw the giraffes. As we were walking round I bought Lissy a giraffe balloon which she named Jeffery.

There was an animal painting which you could put your head through the gaps to look like you're in the picture. When Lissy saw it she got very excited and dragged me towards it. I asked a lady to take a picture of us, which was us pulling funny faces.

As it was getting late we decided to walk back to get ready for tonight. When we walked in I was surprised to see Lissy's Dad here.

"Who's this?" Her Dad asked her in a strong accent.

"Umm... This is Luke, my boyfriend." She replied stuttering, nudging me.

"Hi Mr Dee-Connell, I'm Luke. You have a beautiful daughter." I told him holding out my hand for him to shake which he did smiling.

"Alicia he seems nice, but how long have you had him for?" He questioned.

"About one or two months." She answered awkwardly.

We carried on chatting about myself and everything, me joking about a lot of things. He then asked if we wanted to go for dinner tonight before seeing the ball drop, which he happily accepted.

Just as we were going upstairs to get ready I stopped him.

"I love your daughter so much, she is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I know we are still young, but I have bought her a promise ring so that I promise to marry her one day, and to love her always." I told him quietly.

"Thank you, you've made her so happy, just the way she looks at you is different. There is a spark." He replied, pushing me to go get ready.

I walked upstairs only to hear sniffling coming from Lissy's room. I walked in and saw her standing in front of her full length mirror in her bra and kickers, tears streaming down her face. I felt my heart break and walked over to her and snaked my arms round her waist and kissed her shoulder.

"I'm so fat." She whispered more tears running down her soft cheeks.

"Baby you are the most beautiful girl on this planet, I promise. You are so perfect how you are and I never want you to change whatever." I whispered in her ear, then gently kissed it.

I brought my hand up and started wiping the tears off of her face, then kissed her cheek. I then went and got the clothes I was going to wear and left to get changed in the bathroom.

"Remember to look your best babe, not that you don't already." I smirked at her before leaving.

I knew we were going smart so I put a simple white button down on with a pair of black skinny jeans. I put my black coat on over the top so I could hide the ring box in the pocket.

I knocked on Lissy's bedroom door to let her know that I was ready. I heard a lot of bustling around until finally the door open a there stood Lissy. She was wearing a beautiful dress with a grey cardigan, and her hair was up in a messy bun. She was wearing high heels and stood next to me to see if she was taller, she wasn't. I pulled her closer to me and kissed her cheek.

I took her hand and we walked downstairs to meet with her Dad. When he saw her tears pricked his eyes as he gasped at her.

"You look beautiful." He said in awe.

"Thank you." She replied blushing.

"Shall we go?" I suggested.

They both nodded and we headed out to the restaurant for dinner.

AN: Sorry for updating in like forever but it's SPRANG BREAK so I should be able to :)))))