《26 Merc With A Job *ᶜᵒᵘᵍʰ ᴹᵒᵘᵗʰ ᶜᵒᵘᵍʰ*》

A/N: For story purposes, pretend the 98% on the test pic says 97%

       Peter POV:

It was now Thursday afternoon, and I was in my last period of the day. Mr. Sarris was collecting our geometry tests at the moment, though I had handed mine in around 20 minutes ago. As he walked back to his desk, I saw him pull something out of a drawer in this desk. I recognized what he was holding, and started panicking a little. It was the intern tests... the ones for Stark Industries.

I had applied for it when I had been out Spider-Manning last Friday, but I hadn't lied about my age. I just assumed that they'd throw it out, but as Mr. Sarris walked around handing them back to people who had tried out, he just winked at me as he gave me mine. With slightly shaky hands, I flipped it over.

My mouth hung open slightly as I looked at the first page of the test. I had scored a 97%! How did I even get that high of a score?! Well... I mean it had been a bit easy, so maybe that's why. Just then Mr. Sarris cleared his throat to get the attention of the room.

"For those of you who applied for the internship at Stark Industries, anyone who got a 70% or higher is going to be going on a field trip there on Monday. Therefore in case one of you gets chosen for a job there, you'll know the layout." He wrapped up, and the whole class exploded. People were checking over their scores, and yelling things out like 'I GOT A 71 OH MY GOD!' and 'NO! I GOT A 38!'. I think about a fifth of the room made it. I just sat down looking at the paper on my desk until the room went silent. I look up to see everyone looking at me.

"What's your score?" Someone asked me, and I gulped. Everyone had shared their score but me, and now everyone wanted me to spill. Parker LuckTM strikes again.

"I got uh..." I scratched the back of my neck. I think I'm just gonna say I got like a 72%. No one would believe me if I said I got a 97%.

"I got a-" I started to say, before everything went downhill.

"He got the highest score out of the whole school!" Mr. Sarris exclaimed. "And maybe even out of all the schools that participated!" As soon as those words left his mouth, everyone started asking to see my test. Though I slipped it into my bag and shoved it under my chair. I hate being the center of attention. How does Mr. Stark do it?

[ Time skip from Mr. I-Bit-A-Kid-Once to after school when Peters leaving /╲/\°^^^°/\╱\ ]

As I pushed the doors to the school open, I ran as fast as I could. Ever since last period I had been crowded by people asking if I wanted to be their friend. I just ignored them, and tried to grab my backpack from my locker. I'm not dumb, I know they just want to be my friend because theres a good chance I'll get the internship and they just wanna meet the Avengers. But the real question is how did the news of my test spread so fast? Well a lot of the popular kids were in my last class today, so maybe that's why.

As I ran out of the building, I heard Ned shouting my name behind me. I didn't turn around, because I was scared if I went back people would approach me again. I can't deal with that again today. I was extremely close to having a sensory overload, and I didnt want to push it. Looking around I saw Annes car. I thought Eddie was picking me up today...

I run up to it and look over my shoulder as I do so. Kids were leaving the building and they just seemed to spot me. Some started chasing after me, but they hadn't been bitten by a radioactive spider and gained the ability to run faster than they could before. So as I reached the car, I saw Anne. The windows were cracked a little, and I heard her saying something.