《36 Tony Orders A Depresso》

itwasrealtome See? The fan art matches the chapter! Ok also sorry for calling you out 🥴 Just thought I'd show you... even though your probably going to read this chapter... and see for yourself- Anyways! Heres the next chapter for people who were asking for an update!

   Tony POV:

       After we got on the jet to DC, I couldn't help but think about Peter. We wouldn't be there for a week- I wouldn't be there for a week. God knows what could happen to that kid in a week. Just then Steve walks in, taking a seat across from me in the private jet. He looks at me for a moment before saying something.

       "Tony, Peters gonna be just fine. Don't worry." He tells me, I look at him and scoff.

"How do you know? What if he's not?" I'm standing up now. "What if he gets in serious trouble? What if he gets shot twice in the chest and no one is around to help him?! What if we're the only ones who could possibly help him because he's- because... BECAUSE WERE THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN! BUT WE'RE NOT THERE!" I take a shaky breath and take a seat back down. Steve moves over to me, and sits down next to me. "I just... what if he needs us and we- were not there for him. The kid needs-" My voice starts to crack and I shut my eyes to keep from crying. "He needs someone in his life to keep him on his feet. Someone to tell him-"

"-that he's not alone." Steve finishes for me, and I look at him. He has the same lost look in his eyes I've seen in Peters... and mine. We're quiet for a moment, before Steve puts an arm around me, and I lean on his shoulder. I don't know how long we were there, just sitting, but it made me feel... a bit better I'm not gonna lie. Steve actually has pretty comforting hugs, but you didn't hear that from me.

       After a while, Steve finally gets up, and as he's leaving I look at him.

       "This uh..." I clear my throat and gesture between both of us. "...Never happened." I state and Steve nods.

"Right." He winks, and then leaves my part of the jet.

[Time skip to when the team gets to their mission site, from me binge watching netflix... again]

       Nat POV:

       "Ok team, here's the plan. Romanoff and Barton will scout ahead; sneak into the building. When they give the all clear we all advance in. Once we-" Steve starts, giving the orders for this mission. At least until Tony interrupts him.

"Hey hold on, how come Nat and Bird-Brain get to do all the sneaking?" He asks, crossing his arms.

"Because they are actual spies. They're the quietest out of all of us." Steve explains while I watch Tony for a comeback.

"Oh yeah? Clint is the quietest?" He counters just like I knew he would.

"Hey!" Clint interjects. "How do you think I got that picture of you sleeping?!" He exclaims.

"Uh, the vents?" Tony says, giving my training partner his best 'duh' look.

"Yeah! The ones you booby-trapped!" He fired back.

"We all know I'm a heavy sleeper!" Tony grumbles, and it's at this point I step between the two grown men, stopping them before they give away are location by yelling at each other.

"Guys, yelling isn't going to do anyong any favors. You're both gonna give us away. Tony, maybe Clint might not be the quietest sometimes, and Clint. No one is saying that you're not the best at sneaking through vents, especially if they're booby-trapped." I finish, and Steve's mouths me a silent 'thank you'. I nod at him, and turn back around to face the building in front of us. It was an abandoned laboratory that had been getting weird reports of animal-human hybrids who had been hanging around it. I quickly spot an open window, and point it out to Clint. He nods and follows me towards it. I hop up onto a rather large empty crate, and jump up to grab the ledge from where the window was. Carefully I pull myself up and slip in. Clint does the same. We both came out on some sort of landing. It looked as though it ran along the whole top of the building's interior.