《5 - The Building Inspector》

Peter POV:

My eyes were wide under the mask, and I pulled it back down to cover my mouth. Abruptly I stood up, but then slipped and fell off the rooftop. I managed to shoot a web and regain my balance.

       "H-hello," I said, trying not to freak out over having seen Tony Stark/Iron Man more than twice today.

       "Ok, now this is going to sound a little awkward." Iron Man said.

"Um, what is?" ? Me/Spider-Man asked nervously.

"I uh, well I need to-" Iron Man started to say.

"No, nu uh. My face is my property. You're not going to unmask me. That's a big no-no." I interrupted.

"Well I don't really have a choice." Iron Man continued.

"Why?" I asked.

"Well, S.H.I.E.L.D-" Iron Man started, but I stiffened and stepped back until I hit the edge of the rooftop.

"No, if S.H.I.E.L.D's involved I don't want any part in this." I said, remembering the day my only remaining family had died. I was about to swing away when Iron Man stepped forward and put a heavy hand on my shoulder. I felt a tingly feeling again, - my spidey sense, - but wasn't sure why so I ignored it.

"Wait, what happened with you and S.H.I.E.L.D?" Iron Man asked me.

"I-I don't-" Tears were coming to my eyes now. "I can't-" I swallowed hard and tried to hold back a sob. "Bye." I said,  my voice cracking. Then I shot a web and took off.

Tony POV:

       Spider-Man left me alone on the roof,  and I wondered where I'd gone wrong. I mean all I did was say the word S.H.I.E.L.D and the kid totally freaked out. I wondered what the organization had done to him to make him so scared. It almost made me feel bad about the tracker I'd put on his shoulder. What? What kind of genius billionaire wouldn't put a tracker dispenser in the hand of their robotic super armor?

       "J.AR.V.I.S, show me the tracker I put on Spider-Man." I said.

"Certainly sir," J.A.R.V.I.S replied, and a pop up of the way Spider-Man went appeared. I set off slowly in that direction, careful not for him to know I was following him. I was a little disturbed when I came to an orphanage. The same orphanage that I knew Peter, Richards son, lived at.

       "J.A.R.V.I.S, zoom in. Where is he?" I asked again.

"Pulling up the buildings stats now." He replied. And another pop up appeared, this time of the orphanage. The tracker was beeping on the third floor. I flew a few blocks away and deactivated my suit.

       Putting on my glasses, I started towards the orphanage. When I got to the steps and knocked on the door, a little boy who couldn't have been much older than 7 opened it up.

       "Hello?" He asked.

"Hi there. Can I speak to whoever's in charge here?" I asked in a calm voice.

"Yep!" The little boy replied happily, like they didn't get that many visitors. He ran off, leaving the door open.

       I stepped in and took notice of how gloomy it was inside. A few seconds later the boy from before came around a corner with an older looking woman who wore a fake smile like she had her whole life.

       "Hi, how may I help you?" She asked nicely.

"I'm uh, here for a building inspection." I replied, and the little boy's expression fell a little. 

"Tony Stark, is doing a... building inspection?" She asked like she wasn't buying it... or like she had something to hide.

"Yeah, and if you don't mind I need to take a look on floor 3." I said, hoping the lady would let me.

"Yes, sure thing!" She said a little too cheery. "The stairs are right there." She said pointing. "Franky, show our guest to the third floor." She said a little sternly to the young boy. "And go to your room once you're done."

"Yes ma'am." Franky said back, and he started walking off towards the stairs. I followed him, and once we were out of earshot from the first floor, I turned to Franky.

       "Is she always that...." I said, looking for the right word.

"Nice?" Franky supplied. "No." We reached the stairs for the third floor and we both went silent. Franky headed for a door when we got to floor 3 and slipped inside. I got a quick glance in his room, and was shocked at how small it was. Then I continued down the hallway, which was strangely quiet. A sense of dread seemed to hang over the building.

       "F.R.I.D.A.Y," I whispered. "How much further?"

"The next door on your left sir." She replied back.

       I stopped outside the door, and slowly pushed it open. I expected to find a guy in red and black spandex, but instead I found a boy with brown hair. He was hugging his knees and rocking back and forth on a small bed. I heard him whimpering, like he was trying not to cry.

       The boy must have heard the door open, because he lifted his head up. It was quiet for all of two seconds before the boy turned his head around and we both gasped quietly. His eyes were red from crying, and his face was wet with tears. But most importantly, the boy was Peter.

***

0oo0o0oo0oh

Tony's found out

Wonder what happens next.....

*evil laughter*

*coughing*
I humbly apolloagize in advance a few chapters to NicholasJFury becausen of... well you'll see soon enough.