Chapter 13

Nikolai's POV
In my private room in the back of the club we're discussing a drug shipment from across seas. Recently I bought a factory which makes it easier if I can manufacture the products myself. Our most recent shipment is the one we're discussing now. It contains large amounts of cocaine, heroin, and morphine which makes the safe arrival of the product a top priority.

The crowd is going insane outside and I don't know whats their motivation is. I imagine its the same as it always is, sex and alcohol. They're all probably out there humping each others legs like dogs in heat, but as long as I get my money I couldn't care less.

The noise outside keeps increasing and I start to wonder what the commotion is. If it were a fight security would have stepped in by now so it has to be something else. The importance of this deal is more interesting even though I'm slightly thrown off by the rowdiness outside and soon enough I can't ignore it. I need to know what the commotion is.

"Domenico, go see what's got them acting this way." I command, not ask. Domenico is in full business mode so he just nods and obeys. I've said everything I need to say so I tell the rest of them they can go if they want, but as they walk out I remember I need something else.

"Maia, hang on just a second," I keep my game face on when I ask her "can you find out some information about someone for me?" I ask her knowing she already can.

"Sure. Send me all the information you already know and I'll go from there." She replies.

I let my guard down for a second and grin. "And that's why you're my favorite twin, but don't tell Kaia I said that."

"I would never!" She says over-dramatically, zipping her lips with and imaginary key before throwing it away. She turns to leave but I have one more thing to say.

I stop her mid stride, "and Maia keep this information to yourself this is a private, personal matter." Our playful sibling-sibling behavior is now gone because she senses my seriousness.

"Of course." She nods before heading out.

Domenico comes back in the room and sits down on the black leather couch across from the one I'm on.

"There's some girl out there dancing on the table and boy is she good. The crowd is really into to, and I can't blame them she's hot." He informs me. I don't have much interest in women at the moment so I don't encourage this behavior.

I don't reply to him about the situation outside I just keep the conversation on the most important topic at hand. "You need to be ready to lead your team to the pickup sight when its time, so get your head out of the gutter."

"I'm not like you, Nick," He says using my child hood nickname, "I take my position seriously and you know that, but I won't turn into a cold shell of nothing that only has one priority in life." He's speaking to me as my best friend now, and he's lucky he is who he is because if he'd been anyone else I'd have gut him like a fish or put a bullet through his scull by now.

"You're wrong." I tell him. He's not though my entire life has revolved around this life and instead of dreading the life I was forced into I thrive in it instead.

"You keep telling yourself that, but the only person who knows you better than you is me." He says before getting up and walking out leaving me to sink deep into my own thoughts. Domenico knows me well and even though I don't want to admit it I know that he's right. I'm a lifeless shell and nobody wants to be around someone like that, someone who doesn't feel.

There's a nock on the door and I see its one of my men.

"What is it?" I demand wanting to know what was important enough for him to interrupt my thoughts.