Sneaking Out (MIKEY X Reader)

Requested by: Deku_the_gayboy

-------

♂️ X ♂️

Word Count: 1291

Donnie, Leo, and Raph were all settling down in the living room on this evening. They'd put in a Jupiter Jim movie and were now just waiting for Mikey to return home with the pizza. However, their youngest brother had been gone for much longer than he should've been.

"I'm just saying I have a bad feeling," Raph argued with Leo as he stood up and began to pace a bit.

"And I'm just saying that you're overreacting," Leo insisted, rolling his eyes. "Mikey probably just saw a stray cat and got distracted, that's all."

"But what if something when wrong? What if Meatsweats got him? Or some other big bully mutant?" Raph worried on. Finally he stopped pacing and declared. "I'm going out to find him. You can stay here if you want, but I'm not gonna stand by while Mikey could possibly be in a ton of trouble." He turned to Donnie with a determined look and asked, "you coming?"

Donnie looked up from his phone with a sigh. "Yeah, yeah, I'm coming," he agreed.

"And so am I!" Leo added. "I want to be there when you find him and realize that I was right."

"Or very wrong," Raph growled in annoyance. He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Whatever, let's go." And with that, Raph leapt to action, followed closely by the twins.

Their search for Mikey began on the road they always took to the mutant pizza place. But the orange-clad turtle was nowhere to be found on that path. Leo and Donnie were beginning to worry now. "Alright, let's split up and check all of the mystic hotspots," Raph proposed sternly, "I'll look by Big Mama's hotel."

"I'll check the repo junk yard," Leo offered.

"I can fly over the city and scan for anything out of the ordinary," Donnie added, flipping his goggles down over his eyes. But as soon as his goggles were on, Donnie spotted the familiar shape of his younger brother walking down a sidewalk in the far distance. He wasn't alone.

(Earlier)

Mikey hopped out from underneath the city of New York with a wide smile on his face. He looked in the direction of the pizza place before going the complete opposite way. He moved stealthily all the way to an apartment building, then climbed the fire escape about halfway up the side. He stopped at a familiar window and gently began to knock.

You had been in the middle of doing a rather stressful piece of homework when the soft knocking sound grabbed your attention. You got up quickly when you saw Mikey at your window and opened it. As soon as the window was open, Mikey reached in and grabbed you, wrapping you up in a tight hug. "Ahh, I've missed you," he sighed happily.

You laughed lightly, your cheeks heating up. "Mikey, it's only been a few days," you reminded him.

"That's a few days too long, if you ask me," Mikey cooed before bumping his beak affectionately against your nose. "The sun's just about down; you got time for a walk?"

You looked back at your desk where the stressful scoolwork loomed. You needed a break. "Yeah, of course," you answered with a nod. Mikey smiled and took your hand, helping you climb out of your window carefully. Then you both climbed back down to the sidewalks and began to strole. Most people where off the streets by now, and those where were out couldn't quite see in the dark if Mikey was in fact a turtle or just another guy, so no hising was necessary.

It was always nice to walk with you crush at dusk. You squeezed his hand playfully, and he squeezed back, as you converesed about random things. "Have you told your dads yet? Or your brothers?" You asked Mikey.

The orange turtle frowned a bit and blushed. "Heh..no," he admitted.

You leaned your head against his  as you walked and encouraged, "well, no rush, but they sound like really good guys; I'm sure they'd be okay with you having a boyfriend."

"Oh, well I know that," Mikey clarified, the grinned cookedly. "I just mean that once my brothers find out, we might never get to have some nice and peaceful 'us' time again."

You laughed at this, but stopped when you hear distant echoing whispers. You stopped walking. Mikey, who was still attatched to you by the hand, stopped as well. "Everything okay?" He asked, but them he heard it too. His free hand reached for his weapon while his other pulled you protectively against his side. "Hey, who's out there?!" He shouted down an eerie, dark alley.

There was silence for a long moment, and your heart was racing. Then, the whispering got louder, loud enough to hear words. "I told you to shut up!"

"You think he heard us?"

"He's literally about to attack us; he heard."

Mikey took in a sharp breath, then sighed heavily in annoyance. "Leo? Raph?!" He called.

Your eyes widened; had his brothers spotted the two of you on your secret date? Within the minute, three guilty turtle mutants walked out of the shadows. "Okay, okay, I know what this looks like, but we were not spying on you," Raph insisted. "You see I got worried when you didn't come home for over twenty minutes, so we came out to look for you."

Mikey let you hand go for a moment to cross his arms. "Then why were you just whispering in a dark alley watching me and (Y/n)?" He asked.

"To determine the status of what level relationship you are sharing with this human boy, obviously," Donnie answered, gesturing to you casually.

"You could've just came up and asked," Mikey reminded, "there's no need to be creepy about it."

You couldn't help but smile in amusement as you watched the four bicker. Now you understood what Mikey meant about probably never getting 'us' time again. Mikey sighed and uncrossed his arms. "Well, I guess it's time you all met." He put and arm around your back and introduced, "(Y/n), these are my brothers. And brothers, this is (Y/n), my boyfriend."

"YOU'RE WHA--" Raph shouted.

"Hah, I told you they were dating!" Leo chimed, poking at Raph's face annoyingly. "And that mikey was fine!"

"But who--I thought--" Raph began to stutter. Finally, he was able to compose himself to asked, "exactly how long have you been dating?"

"For a few months," Mikey answered, then added with a sly smile, "and you guys say I can't keep a secret, psh."

"You know I have to give him the big brother pep-talk now," Raph warned.

You raised your eyebrows and looked from Raph to Mikey. "No need, Raph," he insisted, "trust me, this the sweetest guy alive. And now that you've all met..." He paused to turn to you and ask, "you want to come over for some pizza tonight?"

"I mean, I don't want to intrude," you insisted, refering to the protective Raph who was staring inquisitively at you.

"Nonsense, you won't be intruding on anything," Mikey reassured you.

And so you went back the the lair with the turtles. You got to meet their dads and spend time with his brothers. And it didn't take long for Raph to mentally decided that you were a good choice for Mikey. And after a long, joyful night, Mikey walked you back home. You snuck back into your window in silence. Mikey gave you a kiss on the cheek before leaving you for the night. And when you sat down to finish your homework, it didn't seem so stressful any longer.