Stealing Hearts Pt. 1 (DONNIE X Reader)

Requested by: HeRoOfHoPe

-------

♂️ X ♀️

Word Count: 1739

Orphaned at a young age, you learned that if you wanted something in life, you had to take it. You grew up to be one of the greatest theifs in the whole city of New York. And being a young female in the business of conning just made it so much easier. For some jobs, you could turn on the charm and just be full-on given what you intended to steal. You'd even done some work in the Mystic City after stealing a portal key and accidentally falling into the city of mutants.

For a teenager, you'd really been around. So when you caught wind of the up-and-coming crime stopping turtle heros, you couldn't hold back your interest. If you could manage to steal something from them, that'd really boost your status.

You spotted the four of them leaving the mutant pizza place late one night. You were on a fire escape, half-way up a building, watching them climb the one on the building right beside yours. Once they were on the rooftop, however, they began to split up for what you'd overheard them calling 'night patrol'. Only one turtle remained in your sight.

You smirked to yourself, silently climbing up your fire escape. Reaching the top, you readied yourself to hop to the one the lone turtle was on. You counted to three in your head, the ran and jumped. You landed with a summer-salt in order to remain unheard. The turtle's back was facing you as he peered out over the city. You calmed your breathing so that your breaths would be silent, then slowly began to approach him. Your gaze latched greedily onto the purple mask tied around his head. That would be your prize.

But of course it couldn't be that easy. Once you were three feet away from him, some sort of alarm began to sound from the turtle's bo staff. "Huh?" Donnie hummed, whipping around and standing upright. He was alert and ready to battle, but when his eyes landed on you, he grew confused. "Oh, uh, you are not a dangerous mutant," he realized awkwardly.

"No, I'm not," you replied with an amused smirk. You popped your hip out and crossed your arms. This certainly hadn't been part of you plan, but you could go along with it. "Impressive portable alarm system," you complimented him in a coo.

"Right, sorry about that," the purple clad turtle sighed, "I rigged it to go off in case anyone ever tried to sneak up on me."

"Very cool," you coddled, taking a step closer to him. "You know, I've met a lot of mutants around the city, but never a turtle," you told him, looking him over thoroughly, "you're actually...pretty handsome." When your gaze fell on his face once again, he wore a nervous smile and his cheeks were slightly blushed.

"Oh, well, uh, I-I'd like to think so," Donnie stuttered, trying to sound confident but completely failing.

"I like the mask, too," you went on, lidding your eyes slightly. You stepped even closer and put a light hand on his jaw bone, lightly dragging the backs of your fingers up to his temple. "It's very mysterious," you cooed with a grin. You could feel him shiver at your touch, his eyes wide and locked on yours as if he'd been put under a spell.

Donnie couldn't even find his ability to speak, he felt like he was falling in love for the very first time....and maybe he was. He watched in a trance as you tiptoed and slowly leaned in; you were going to kiss him as a distraction so that you could get that mask.

Not that you wouldn't enjoy kissing him. Normally, you would never throw yourself this far into a con, but he really was quite an adorable mutant. You even sort of felt bad that you'd be stealing from him. But when your lips were just an inch apart, he felt your thumb slip under his mask. Suddenly, he was yanked out of his trance and alert again.