Beautiful Necklace (Donnie X Reader)

Word Count: 935

Exactly one year ago from this day, you were walking home from school when you were attacked by the Purple Dragons. And that's when he swooped in and saved your life. The turtle in purple. Donatello. Ever since you met him, you've had a huge crush. He was so nice and smart and adorable! And today was the day that marked you knowing him and his family for a whole year.

You were thinking about this as you walked to the lair that afternoon. It was a Friday and you had plans to stay with your turtle friends for the whole weekend.

When you finally arrived, you were greeted by Mikey running up to you and asking energetically, "(Y/N)! Did you bring pizza?!"

You laughed loudly, "Mikey it's not even close to dinner time, it's only three o'clock."

Mikey then crossed his arms. "So? Pizza's good no matter what time it is, dudette."

You just laughed again and walked toward Donnie's lab. The door was already cracked, so you peered in. And, not surprisingly, you saw Donnie at his desk drawing out a bunch of sciencey stuff. Of course, you thought with a little grin, then walked in.

He was so intent with what he was doing that he didn't even notice you come in. So you crept up behind him and waited for the perfect moment to surprise him.

When he lifted his head up a little, you flung your arms around his neck and shouted, "hi, Donnie!" He almost fell out of his chair in shock. And he so would've, too, if he didn't have such amazing ninja reflexes.

"(Y/n)! What are you doing?" Donnie asked in a slightly irritated tone, once he had recovered from his shock. Realizing that your arms were still around him, you quickly pulled away, already feeling your cheeks heating up.

"Oh, heheh, sorry about that. You were just so focused, and I wanted to have a little fun..." You admitted. You hated it when you annoyed Donnie, but you knew he wouldn't stay mad long. In fact, he couldn't, even if he tried, he told you so once.

Then Donnie lightened up and sighed, "no, I'm sorry, I've just been so stressed lately and I overreacted." His face was all pink now, too. Then there was a moment of awkward silence. But after a bit, a little lightbulb lit up in Donnie's head and he ran off shouting back, "I'll be back in a second, don't go anywhere!"

So you sat in his swivle chair and started spinning around childishly in boredom. But after a few minutes, something stopped the chair from moving. No, someone. The chair spun around slowly, revealing an amused looking Donnie. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, you know, just spinnin' around," you said with a smile. "Anyway, where do you run off to?"

"Oh right, I had to get something," he answered, pulling a small silvery box from behind his back.

"What is it?" You asked, confused.

"I-it's for you," Donnie stuttered nervously as he held the box out to you.

Your heartbeat started to pick up speed as you took the box into your hands. You untied the little gray bow that held the box shut and put it down on Donnie's desk. And when you opened the box, your heart skipped a beat. Well more like five or six beats. Because in that little box was a beautiful, silver chain with a small but breathtaking, purple, heart-shaped gemstone hanging from it.

You stared at it for a minute in awe before remembering that Donnie gave it to you. You felt like the happiest girl in the world. You looked up at the purple masked turtle and smiled wildly.

"We've known each other for a year now, and I wanted to show you that I care enough to remember that. In fact, I care a lot about you, because, well-because...I think...I....." he trailed off, rubbing the back of his head and neck nervously. He seemed unable to finish the statement. But you got the picture.

So you set the box down with care, then jumped up out of the chair and hugged him tightly. However, this time, he did fall over. And he pulled you down, too, landing on top of him. You both laughed for a minute, then you looked deeply into those amazing brown eyes and smirked. "Yeah, me too, Don."

Donnie looked surprised by your response, but by the big smile on his face, you could tell he was defiantly pleased by it. Seeing that adorable little gap in his teeth, you couldn't hold back any longer. You leaned down and kissed him lightly on the lips. He gladly kissed back, wrapping his arms around your waist and holding you firmly against his strong, turtle chest.

Then Donnie shyly opened his mouth to deepen the kiss. You opened yours too, letting him know not to be shy. It was the best first kiss a girl could wish for.

After a while of that, Donnie and you stood back up. You took the beautiful necklace out of it's box and handed it to Donnie. "Can you help me put this on?" You asked him in a coo.

He gladly took the necklace and wrapped it around your neck, pushing away your hair away to clasp the two ends together in the back. Then he hugged you from behind and nuzzled his face into your neck, kissing you there lovingly. And the rest of that weekend was a dream come true.