Purple Jacket 2.0 (DONNIE X Reader)

♂️ X gender neutral reader

Word Count: 976

Donnie had been pretty bummed out after losing his Purple Dragons jacket. Although the club itself turned out to be awful, that jacket was his favorite article of clothing. It had been a week now and the turtle seemed completely fine again, but you were still planning on surprising him with a new purple satin jacket.

"Hey everyone," you greeted as you entered the lair. The turtles were currently hanging out around their skating ramp. Leon and Mikey were doing some sort of skating competition while Raph acted as referee.

"Can't talk now, (Y/n)," Mikey shouted, "about to leave Leo in the dust!"

"Hah, in your dreams!" Leo yelled back in irritation.

You smiled in amusememt and shook your head. "Those guys..." You muttered with under your breath with a small laugh.

"Tell me about it," Donnie's voice suddenly came from behind you. You turned to see the handsome turtle walking casually in your direction. "Good to see you," he spoke coolly, giving you a laid back grin.

"You too, Donnie," you responded with a sweet smile.

Then, noticing that your bookbag was packed extra full on this day, he furrowed his eyebrows. "What's in your bag?" He asked, "you got a lot of homework? Cause I can totally help you with that."

You blushed lightly at his kind offer and averted yours eyes. "Actually, it's--"

You were cut off by an enormous crashing sound, followed by a chorus of grunts and groans. Both you and Donnie whipped around to see Mikey and Leo on the ground in a tangle.

"And it's a tie!" Raph yelled enthusiastically.

"Well, that's not so bad," Mikey heaved as he stood up with Leo.

But then, Raph clarified in the same voice, "for last place!"

"What?!" Leo gawked, "how does that even work? There was no one else competing!"

"True, but let's be honest," Raph rationalized, "that was not a winner's ending."

You sighed as you listened to the brothers bickering. "I should probably diffuse this, before it get's worse," you admitted, giving Donnie a crooked smile before walking away.

Donnie smiled back, but once you turned away his smile faded. The truth was, he had a crush on you, and he had no idea what to do about it. So he mostly just treated you like anyone else...maybe being a little nicer. But he was happy just to have you in his life at all.

• • •

After settling the argument between Raph, Leo, and Mikey, the five of you got together for some pizza. And after that, you got caught up in a video game with Mikey. However, you finally called it quits when you noticed that Donnie had disappeared.

You grabbed your bookbag, remembering why you came by on this day in the first place. With a smile on your face, you walked on to Donnie's lab. "Hey, sorry about kinda blowing you off earlier," you began with a look of guilt as you walked over to where he sat at his desk.

Blueprints for new inventions were in a messy pile infront of him while he slouched over them, working. "No, no, it's okay," he insisted in a voice that suggested otherwise. You waited in silence, knowing he had more to say. Finally, Donnie looked up from his work and glanced your way. "I just thought you'd want my help with all that homework," he added, trying to sound like he didn't really care. But that failed.

You smiled smally. "Donnie, I'm finished my homework," you told him, "I did it all early today, actually..so that I could stay over here longer."

Donnie met your eyes with a confused look. His gaze passed from you, to your bag, and then back again. "Then what is in your bookbag?"

You laughed lightly and slid the bag off you shoulder. "It's a gift," you told him, kneeling to unzip the pack.

Donnie watched, eyes glittering with excitement and joy as you pulled out a neatly folded purple satin jacket. You held it out to him with a nervous smile. "I didn't have any wrapping paper, and it doesn't have a dragon on it, but--"

"Oh my gosh, I LOVE IT!!" Donnie shouted in joy as he snatched the jacket from you and held it up by the shoulders to admire it. "Oh, this is even BETTER than the Purple Dragons jacket!" He swiftly slipped it on, an eye-crinkling grin on his face. "(Y/n), this is amazing," he insisted, pulling you into a tight hug.

You froze for a moment in Donnie's arms; he really wasn't a hugger. Ever. So the fact that your crush was hugging you with such force had rendered you speechless. But he quickly let you go when he realized how out of character that was for him. Both of you wore reddened faces. "S-sorry about that..." Donnie stammered awkwardly.

But you had finally recovered from your shock. You smiled a small smile and wrapped your arms around his middle. Donnie gasped quietly, but still returned the action. He smiled shyly as you laid your head against the front of his shell. Could this possibly mean that you returned his feelings? That though made his heart pound so roughly that you could feel the rapid beating through his shell.

You pulled your head away from his chest and looked up at him. Donnie wore an uncharacteristically shy expression, with wide eyes and a small timid smile. You leaned up and planted a kiss on his jawline. "I'm glad you like it," you cooed to him.

Donnie's arms loosened and fell back to his sides. Your cheek-kiss seemed to send his mind to a whole other world. You laughed lightly to yourself and waltzed out of his room, leaving him in his daze.