Two Dimensional (LEO X Reader)

♂️ X gender neutral reader

Word Count: 1217

You used to live in what you knew as reality. You lived in a normal home with normal people and went to a normal school. The only non-normal thing in your life was your favorite TV show, Rise of the TMNT. Watching it was a great way to wind down after a stressful day. And you always wished that you could live in that world, the one on the other side of the TV screen. But that wasn't reality.

Or so you thought.

Your parents were away again, as they often were for for work. You were making some popcorn as you ranted to yourself about how they loved their company more than you. Not that you cared; you were going to move out the first chance you got.

You brought your popcorn over to the couch and flipped on the TV; your favorite show was just about to start. That's when things got weird. When the intro began to play, the screen seemed to grow. It became bigger and brighter, morphing into a glowing blue vortex. You screamed as you were sucked into the spinning blue pit. And then, everything went black.

• • •

You woke up to the sound of hushed voices. "What did I say?" One voice heaved dramatically, "I told you that trying to find other dimensions was a bad idea, but did any of you listen? No. And now we have an unconscious girl covered in popcorn."

I must be dreaming, or losing it, you thought tiredly, that sounds like Donnie.

"Mmm, popcorn," another voice hummed much closer to you, followed by soft munching.

What the, you thought, finally beginning to wake up fully, ..Raph?

You opened your eyes at last. Hovering above you were four faces you knew all too well. Your eyes widened as a yell of shock erupted from your throat, "ahh!"

The four turtles jumped away from you. "Ahh!" They all also shouted their surprise.

You stumbled to your feet, eyes still goggling at the for turtles. "You..." You couldn't finish your statement.

"Yes, we're turtles," Mikey explained in a calming tone, "but don't worry, we're friendly!"

"Yeah!" Raph agreed happily, "unless there's a bad guy around."

But you didn't even seem to hear this. "You.." You repeated, an airy laugh escaping your lips all of the sudden. "You?!" Your grin grew as you finally began to feel the excitement building up in your veins.

"Uh, is it just me, or does popcorn-kid seem to know us?" Leo muttered to his brothers awkwardly.

Donnie lowered his eyebrows in seriousness and asked you firmly, "where are you from?"

"Well..New York City," you answered, looking around in awe. "I mean, not this New York City, but....yeah."

Leo's grin slowly grew wider and wider as he wound up a powerful, "I TOLD you I could do it!" He shouted this at Donnie with a proud look on his face, "they're from a different dimension!"

Donnie rolled his eyes and you could see the steam rising from his head. Like you could actually see it, just like in the cartoon. Suddenly, you looked down at yourself. "Woah," you breathed, checking out your cartoonized body. "I'm two dimentional?!"

You looked back up at the turtles, a wide smile on your face. "I never thought I'd actually meet you guys!" You exclaimed excitedly.

"Right, right," Donnie interrupted dully, "and you know us, because..?"

Well, you thought to yourself, this is gonna be a weird conversation.

• • •

Four weeks had passed. Now, you were officially living with the turtles in the lair. You didn't need to think twice about staying; there was nothing exciting for you back in your own reality. But in this world, the possibilities were endless. You'd even developed a crush on Leo. You'd always liked him as a cartoon character, but now knowing that he was real, the turtle in blue really made your heart pound.

And he knew it.

Leon had recognized your crush on him just days after meeting you. He found it absolutely adorable how nervous you got around him. And after almost a month, he couldn't deny it to himself any longer: he liked you, too.

"So, (Y/n)," Leo greeted you at the door to the room you were given. You jumped in start where you sat at your desk. Quickly covering your sketchbook full of drawings of the turtles (mostly Leo), you whipped around to see him leaning coolly agaisnt your door frame. "What cha working on?" He asked.

"N-nothing!" You stuttered. Quickly realizing how obvious of a lie that was, you added with a nervous smile, "drawing! Nothing important, is what I meant." As your face grew hot, you adverted your gaze.

Leon chuckled as he entered your room and walked over to stand beside where you sat. "Sounds cool, can I see?" He picked up your sketch pad before you could object and started flipping through. Genuine shock crossed his face as he flipped from one page to the next. "(Y/n), you drew these?" He wondered, sounding impressed, "wow, they're so life-like!"

Life-like, you repeated to yourself in your head, it's still so weird how cartoons are now 'life-like'. But you were quickly pulled from your thoughts when Leo exclaimed happily, "hey, it's me!" He flipped more pages. "Oh, me again!" More pages turned. "And again!" He sounded more impressed each time. And each time, you felt your face grow even hotter.

Finally setting your sketchbook down again, Leo looked down into your face. "Aww," he cooed with a light laugh, "are you blushing?"

His words definitely did not help your condition. But you certainly noticed how he seemed to be acting a bit differently with you. Normally, Leo treated you like one of the guys. But now it was like you were something more to him. "S-stop it, Leo," you mumbled in a fluster.

Leo chuckled as he took you by the hand and gently pulled you to your feet. You looked at him with wide eyes, struck speechless by the unmistakable look of attraction in his gaze. "You seem to really like drawing me," he observed with a knowing grin, then went on with a shrug, "maybe I could model for you sometime."

Before you could answer, Leon wrapped an arm around your waist and swiftly pulled you up against his body. "Or we could go on a real date," he suggested in a smooth voice. You couldn't believe your ears. How could he say something like that with such smooth confidence? And with such a sly grin on his face?

You didn't need to speak for Leon to know your answer. His smile suddenly turned sweeter. Then, he leaned down and kissed you timidly on the cheek. It was the first time you'd ever seen him nervous about anything. But that quickly disappeared when he let you go and began to strut out of your room. In your doorway, he stopped and turned back. "Let's go out tonight, after dark," he offered smoothly, "I could give you the official grand tour of our New York City." He finished with a charming wink, then left your room. Needless to say, you couldn't wait for your date.