The Best Break Up Pt. 2 (DONNIE X Reader)

Requested by:

-------

♂️ X gender neutral reader

WARNING:
- mentions of abuse

Word Count:

After Donnie sent you off to take a relaxing shower, you changed into a pair of pajamas that you always kept in the lair for when you would sleep over. It wasn't often that you ever got to sleep over before, with your boyfriend being so controlling over who you were friends with. And he probably would've just about exploded if he knew you had four male friends that you spend nights with sometimes. It was more than relieving to finally be getting him out of your life.

You wish you could've seen it sooner, that Donnie would be incredibly helpful and supportive of you getting away from Ben. Maybe if you'd left him sooner, you and Donnie could be even closer than you were now. But you were just glad that you finally had the chance to explore your feelings for the turtle in purple, now that you knew he liked you, too.

Peaking into his lab as you left the bathroom, you spotted Donnie hard at work hacking into Ben's entire life. Numerous computer screens were lit up, all showing different parts of your soon-to-be ex's life. His Facebook, his email accounts, the website for his small family-owned construction company. You smiled; you could only imaging what Donnie was doing with all of that.

Not wanting to interrupt his work, you snuck away toward his room to get some rest. Dim purple lights lit up his bedroom with a soft, comfortable glow. Everything was tinted purple by the light. You climbed into Donnie's bed and under his covers. It felt odd, to say the least, sleeping in your best friend's bed. Especially now that you and him were starting to become even more that friends.

But you felt safe. And within ten minutes, you were fast asleep.

When morning came, you woke naturally, without any disturbance. When you opened your eyes, your sleepy mind was confused as to where you were. But slowly, everything about the night before began to come back. You suddenly were very nervous about your situation. What if Ben found you? Or if he didn't accept that you were gone? You tried to reason with yourself as you crawled out of bed.

You left Donnie's room and went for his lab. Once you got there, however, you saw that he was not there. So you turned around and decided to check the kitchen. On your way there, you ran into Leo, also looking like he'd just woken up. "Oh, hey, (Y/n)," he greeted to uwith a yawn before coming to a realization. "Wait--you slept here last night?"

"Oh, Donnie didn't tell you?" You asked.

"Uh, no," Leo replied. He furrowed his brow bones. "Hold on, but Mikey and I were in the living room until like, 1 am, we didn't even see you. I though you left."

"Oh sorry about not spending more time with you guys, I was sleeping actually, I'd had a long day," you explained.

Leo nodded. "Oh oka--wait, sleeping?" Leo asked. You nodded, not sure why he sounded confused. "Sleeping where? You weren't in the living-room."

Now you understood. Normally when you slept over, you would sleep on the couch in the living-room. But last night, you had not. You blushed, not sure how to explain that you'd slept in his brother's bed without it coming out wrong. "Uh..." You began awkwardly.

"Oh good, you are up," you heard Donnie's voice sound cheerfully from the entrance to the kitchen. You and Leo both looked his way. The purple clad turtle was visibly happier than usual as he walked to you and took your hand. "I was just going to wake you," he told you as he walked you casually to the kitchen.

Leo followed with a bizzare look of confusion as he stared at your intertwined hands. "(Y/n), where did you sleep last night?" He asked a little more suspiciously, but his question was drowned out by Donnie's voice.

"I made you some breakfast, and the coffee is still brewing but it should be ready soon," Donnie told you as you entered the kitchen.

Donnie had created a delicious looking display of eggs, bacon, and slightly over-done toast. You smiled so wide that your eyes lit up; Ben would never do something like this for you. "Aw, thank you, Donnie."

"Anything for you," Donnie insisted, proud that he'd made you smile so brightly.

Leo, who was watching your interaction from the entrance to the kitchen, finally put the pieces together. "Did you-? Are you--? (Y/n), you slept with DONNIE?!"

"What? No! That's not what happened--" you tried to explain, but you were cut off as Raph walked into view.

Having heard Leo shouting about you sleeping with Donnie, Raph looked quite shocked. "Uh..come again?" He asked.

"We didn't sleep together, Leo, calm down," Donnie retorted with an eye-roll, though you could tell he was trying to hide his own embarrassment. "I simply allowed (Y/n) to sleep in my room while I destroyed their former boyfriend's life via the internet."

Leo's eyes widened. "Woah, you and Ben broke up?"

"Uh..yes and no. I guess I should explain..." For the next thirty minutes, you told Leo and Raph about the truth of your relationship with Ben. And by the end of your story, both turtles were livid.