Leadership (KENDRA X Reader)

Requested by: Totally_Wierd

-------

♀️ X ♀️

Word Count: 1502

You were two years older than your cousin, Jeremy. That being said, you often were in charge when the two of you were left home alone. That wasn't exactly a problem though. He was a natural follower, and you were a natural leader.

You enjoyed spending time with your younger cousin. The two of you did a lot of sciency and techy stuff together, and Jeremy mentioned numerous times that you should try to become a member of the school club he was a part of; the Purple Dragons.

But you always politely declined. You didn't know much about the other members, but you know one thing for sure: that leader of theirs, Kendra, would not mix well with you. She was mean and confident and never let anything stand in the way of completing her goals. And you were the same way, you just weren't so mean. But that was why you knew that joining the Purple Dragons was a bad idea. You and Kendra would likely do nothing but battle for the title of 'leader'.

So you kept your tech and intelligence to yourself mostly. You stayed away from the other Purple Dragons members and life went on as normal. Until one fated day when you unintentionally crossed paths with them.

"I can't believe you were dumb enough to leave that stuff in the back of your mom's car!" You ranted as you and Jeremy walked down the sideway of the neighborhood you both lived in.

"I just can't believe I'm not allowed to go anywhere without a babysitter for a week," Jeremy huffed in annoyance.

"Well it's your own fault for leaving those hacking codes out for your parents to find," you told him.

Jeremy gave you an offended look. "Wha--you're the one who gave them to me!" He scoffed.

You couldn't help grinning at this. "I know," you laughed lightly.

"Jeremy!" An irritated, strong, female voice suddenly shouted from a playground not too far away. Your stomach twisted up as you recognized the girl in the distance as Kendra. "What took you so long to get here? And who's that girl with you?"

Jeremy jogged over the the playground and you followed reluctantly. "Kendra, hey," Jeremy greeted, "this is my cousin, (Y/n)."

"This is why you wanted to 'go for a walk'?!" You asked your cousin in disbelief. "If your mom knew you were out with these troublemakers again, she'd be furious!"

"Then don't tell her! Please?" Jeremy begged you.

You gave him an angry look, but only rolled your eyes in response. When you looked back to Kendra, you found her eying you shamelessly. "(Y/n), huh...haven't I seen you around school?" She asked coolly, "you're a junior, right?"

"Uh, yeah.." You answered awkwardly. You'd never talked to Kendra before, or even stood so close to her. But you couldn't deny the intimidating vibe she gave off. And you found yourself almost even enjoying it. "And you're Kendra," you went on more confidently, "leader of the purple tech club, or whatever."

"It's the Purple Dragons," Kendra corrected, shooting you a harsh glare. The look sent shivers down your spine, but in a suprisingly pleasant way. "Jace! Did you get that drone working yet?!" Kendra suddenly turned around and shouted at the other boy, who was kneeling on the ground working on a moderately impressive looking drone.

"S-sorry, Kendra," the skinny boy quaked, "some of the parts are too old and rusted."

Kendra sighed dramatically, "that's because you found them at the dump. If you'd just taken that old computer monitor from detention room like I suggested we wouldn't be having this problem."