'Or Something' (Leo X Reader)

Requested by: Totally_Weird

-------

Word Count: 1135

A new episode of Space Heros was airing this night. Leo was overly excited, non-stop talking about it for the whole day. But after thoroughly annoying his brothers to death, he decided to hit you up. You were his only friend who liked the show as well. Or at least, he thought you like it.

The truth was, you only watched the show because you loved how happy it made him. You loved the faces he'd make while it was playing, and the way he always had to sit right in front of the TV. And you absolutely adored the soft purring noises he would make while it played. You'd asked Donnie about it after hearing it a few times. The turtle in purple had confirmed that Leo was churring, which was something that turtles did when they were extremely excited or happy.

Leo: You coming over later for Space Heros?

You: Obviously :)

Leo: Great! Also, could you come over a little early?

You: Sure, everything okay?

Leo: Oh, yeah, definitely! Just want to hang out with my friend, ya know?

You laughed at the bizzare explanation. Even in texting, Leo was a terrible liar. You knew immediately that something was up, so you decided to head over to the lair right away.

• • •

You arrived to the lair thirty minutes later carrying two boxes of pizza with you. "Yo guys! I come bearing gifts!" You called out dramatically, holding the pizzas above your head as if to praise them.

"Awe yeah!" Mikey shouted as he raced across the living room, followed closely by Raph. "The pizza goddess has arrived!"

"Thanks for the pizzas, (Y/n)," Raph exclaimed with a smile before taking the boxes from you.

"No problem," you responded coolly. Following the hungry turtles into the living room, you looked around curiously. "Hey, where's Leo?"

"Probably in his room," Mikey answered, already eating a slice of pizza. As he sat on the couch lazily.

"Yeah, but hey, what are you doing here so early anyway?" Raph wondered aloud. "I thought Space Dorks doesn't start until 8:00; it's only 5:30."

"Leo asked me to come over early," you responded with a shrug, "he probably wants to talk about Space Heros or something." You smiled at the thought of getting to see your crush happily talk about his favorite show.

Raph chuckled, shooting Mikey a devious smirk. "Probably the 'or something'," he teased, elbowing Mikey in the side knowingly.

"Huh?" Mikey hummed in confusion, but then his eyes lit up. "Oooooh," he drew out his realization and returned Raph's smirk, "'or something'."

You looked between the two brothers with an eyebrow raised. First of all, it was strange to see the two agreeing on something. And second of all, they were both being incredibly vague. It all added up to only one possibility: they knew something big, and you weren't supposed to know what. Still, you could help trying to ask, "um, something you wanna tell me?"

"Not us," Raph replied, shooting you a crooked grin, "but maybe Leo."

"Yeah," Mikey added, trying to be smooth like Raph, "you should go talk to Leo."

You raised your eyebrows. But before you could go, in fact, go talk to Leo, Donnie approached. "Hey, (Y/n)," he greeted with a kind smile, "do I smell pizza?" He peaked over the back of the couch that Mikey and Raph were sitting on and grabbed a slice out of the open box.

"Donnie," Mikey greeted his brother with a mischievous grin, "(Y/n)'s gonna go talk to Leo about, 'or something'!" He double winked at Donnie as if that would get the picture across.

Donnie looked down an his orange clad brother blankly. Not having been present for the first half of the conversation, he only blinked in confusion. "Uh...okay," he accepted in an uncaring voice, then bit into his pizza.

Raph sighed in annoyance with Mikey. He then turned to you and ordered playfully, "would ya just go talk to Leo?"

You gave the turtles one last weird look, then finally left for Leo's room. When you got there, you knocked and waited for Leo to open the door. "(Y-Y/n), hey," Leo stuttered.

"Hey, Leo," you greeted with a smile and entered his room. "What's up?" You asked, plopping down to sit on the edge of his bed. You patted a spot beside you, gesturing for Leo to sit as well.

The leader hesitantly sat down beside you. But as soon as he did, his churring slowly began. His face immediately blushed over as the noise became audible. You couldn't help but giggle at this. "Leo, Space Heros hasn't even started yet," you told him, "are you that excited for the new episode."

Normally, Leo didn't mind his natural instinct to chur, because normally it only happened during his favorite show. But now, you had stolen his heart without even knowing it. And now, his churring was a very blatant sign of his growing love for you. "A-actually..." He began, trailing off as he scratched his neck anxiously.

You cocked your head, peering around into Leo's eyes. "Something is wrong," you sighed in concern, "Leo, what's going on."

"I just wanted to ask you..." He began, averting his gaze yet again. He sighed and his voice turned to a mumble that you could just barely understand, "if you wanted to got out with me...on a date...or somthing..."

Your eyes widened. Now things began to make sense; why the others were acting weird, why Leo was churring more around her, and why he'd seemed so nervous that day. But you were beyond happy to find out that your feelings for him were mutual.

You took his face in your hands and turned his head to face you again, squishing his cheeks together as you did so. "So the fearless leader is afraid to ask a girl out on a date?" You teased him.

When you released his face, he blushed harder. "Well, you're not just any girl," he insisted, unable to hide his shy smile.

Your heart just about melted when he said this. You smiled sweetly and leaned in to peck him on the lips. Leo's eyes went wide before closing instinctually. As the kiss went on, you felt one of his large hands land gently on your cheek, sending pleasant shivers down your spine. But after a few second, you pulled away from the handsome turtle. "How about for our first date, we claim the living room as our's for the night and watch some Space Heros?" You suggested with a sly grin.

"That sounds..." Leo trailed off as his churring became louder, his voice coming out as a dreamy sigh, "..perfect."