Unspoken Love (Raph X Reader)

Word Count: 1117

When you were a young child, your parents died in a car accident. You, having been in the car as well, only survived because you were in the back seat, furthest from the point of impact. However, you were still gravely injured, and after months of hospitalization in was concluded that your vocal cores had been damaged beyond repair. Everything else healed over time, from your broken broken bones and broken heart, but you would never speak again.

Having no relatives willing to take you in fully, you were placed in a foster home. Some kids bullied you for your disability, but most just left you alone. You ran away from your foster home at age thirteen and began a life on the streets of New York City. Now (x) years later, you were finally getting the hang of living with no home. You'd even learned to find happiness in your poor life.

That is, until one fateful night when you were chased down by Purple Dragons. They finally had you cornered in an alley. You couldn't scream, you had no phone to text for help, and you were completely unarmed. You were a goner that night...until your luck finally turned in.

"Hey, Purple Idiots, I think it's time for you to go," a gruff voice warned with confidence. You looked around, unable to find the man to which the voice belonged. And to your surprise, the gang members also seemed unsettled by the voice. One by one, they took hesitant steps away from you. "That's right," the smug voice growled, "if I can still see any of you in ten seconds, you'll be going home in a wheelchair."

You watched in complete bafflement as the gang members scattered like scared mice. Whoever had saved you must've been a pretty big deal. You desperately dug into your bookbag for a thick piece of chalk and knelt on the ground. Scratching away, you wrote what you wanted to say, hoping the one who saved you was still somewhere around to read it.

Come out please, so I can properly thank you.

For a long moment, there was only silence. You were about to give up and leave when the voice spoke again, sounding much more nervous this time, "uh, I don't think that's a good idea. I don't wanna scare you."

You couldn't hold back a feeling of suspicion at his words. But still, you etched onto the ground again.

Please.

You spotted movement to your left and whipped your head in that direction. Slowly, a man with green skin and a turtle shell stepped into the dim light if the alley. You gasped, which was one of the only 'noises' you could actually manage to make with your mouth.

At the sound of your gasp, the turtle man flinched, obviously debating if he should leave or not. "Uh, it's okay," he assured, deciding to keep coming closer, little by little. When he was finally a yard away from you, he gave an awkward smile. "..I'm Raph."

After recovering from your shock, you smiled back. You had to remind yourself that this mutant had saved you. Kneeling back to the ground, you wrote upside down so that Raph could read.

I'm (Y/n).

Raph's smile lightened. But his eyebrows drew down curiously as he wondered aloud, "can't you talk?"

You stood up again and shook your head in response. When you saw the sorrow flood his face, you smiled in amusement and shook your head again as if to tell him not to feel bad for you.

Seeming to get the picture, Raph lightened up. "Well, how about I walk you home," he offered with a small shrug.

You were about to frown and let him know that you didn't have a home, but another voice came from above. "Raph? What are you doing down there?" This one was also male and sounded very irritated. He continued to scold as he hopped down into the alley, "you can't just split away from the group like th--" and then he froze. Upon sight of you, his blue eyes went wide.

"I had everything under control, Leo," Raph retorted with a heavy eyeroll.

"What's going on here?" The second turtle, Leo, asked.

Noticing your alarm, Raph gave you an encouraging smile. "Leo, this is (Y/n)," he introduced, "I just saved her from those whimpy Purple Dragons."

Leo hesitated for a moment; he'd never seen his brother so interested in a stranger. "Well, that's good," he replied a bit awkwardly, "but we've got a patrol to finish. Let's go."

Raph averted his eyes nervously. "Uh, a-actually," he began, "I'm gonna make sure (Y/n) gets home safe. I'll catch up with you guys later."

Leo was beyond awestruck, but he didn't dare argue with Raph when he was in such a protective attitude. So he simply nodded and climbed back up to the rooftops. You watched and though to yourself, so that's how they stay out of sight.

Finally alone again with Raph, you looked to him with a gaze was practically drippi g with curiosity. With a sideways grin, Raph took out his T-Phone. "Here," he said, putting the phone into your hand, "text what you wanna say."

Raph nearly lost his cool when you gave him a bright, grateful smile. His heart thumped hard and he felt butterflies storm his stomach. It was all he could do not to start day dreaming right then and there. But he hoped that you'd stay in his life for a while.

For hours, you and Raph talked (and texted) about everything. And at the end of the night Raph insisted that you kept his T-Phone. "Eh, Donnie's got a couple spares ayways," he'd reasoned, "besides, this way, you can text me if you ever need help again."

You grinned and looked down at the phone, texting one last thing fot him.

What if I just want to talk?

Raph read the message, his cheeks flushing slightly as his cool grin turned more shy. "Y-y-yeah," he stuttered, "that's cool, too."

You smiled sweetly and leaned up to peck his cheek. Now, he'd offically lost whatever 'cool' he had. His eyes went wide as he stared off into space, his mouth slightly gaped. He stood like tht for a few seconds before regaining himself. Clearing his throat awkwardly, he bit you a goodbye, "so, I'll see you 'round, (Y/n)."

You nodded, and the Raph raced off. You watched him stop at the bottom of a fire escape. He turned back to you, a joyous, open-mouthed grin on his face. Then, he disappeared.