Secrets (Donnie X Reader)

Word Count: 766

You sat up in your bed, rubbing your eyes with a sleepy yawn. You stood up and walked to your mirror. Your (h/l), (h/c) hair was a knotted mess, and your eyes were puffy with sleep. You slipped out of your pajamas and into a pair of jeans and your favorite hoddie. Then you picked up your bennie and draped it over your head to cover your pointy, soft black ears.

Yup, that's right, you were a mutant. But not entirely. You was a special kind of mutant. Due to the krang experimenting on you when you were young, they had turned you into a sort of werewolf creature. But that majorly backfired when you made your epic escape.

Now, you were living with the turtles, hiding your wolf-self from them as best as you could. You were so afraid that they'd kick you out if they found out about you. Of course you were a mutant, just like them, but that wasn't what worried you. When you were with the krang...you helped them a lot to save your own life. Surely the brothers wouldn't forgive you for that.

With a sigh, you left your room and entered the living room. There, Mikey played video games and Raph read a comic book. "Hey, (Y/n)," Mikey greeted, "wanna grab another controller?"

You gladly joined your friend, and in the end, even though he'd beaten you, you had had a great time. But then you left to go find Donnie. Of course, he was in his lab working with some sort of chemicals. You smiled in amusement and snuck over to his side unnoticed. But just as you were about to scare him, he spoke, "you know I can see you, (Y/n)."

You sighed in disappointment as the purple turtle laughed. He stood up straight and looked you in the eyes. "Wanna help me out?" He asked, an adorable smile on his face.

You couldn't have said 'no' even if you wanted to. "Well yeah," you replied with a smile.

"Great, can you grab that blue bottle from the top shelf?" He asked, pointing upwards as he began to stir some bright pink liquid.

You nodded and reached up, but you just barely couldn't reach it. Determined to get this bottle for Donnie, you stood on your tip-toes and stretched as far as you could. But right as you wrapped your hand around the bottles base, your bennie slipped off and fell to the ground.

You gasped slightly, earning Donnie's attention. "Oh, let me get that for you," he offered with a smile. But when he straightened to give it back to you, he froze. He saw your long pointed ears sticking out of your hair.

Oh no, you thought. Then you stuttered out in a panic, "I-I can explain!" You knew he recognized you now. Because even though the turtles never saw your face too well when you worked for the krang, your ears were unmistakable.

But Donnie didn't look angry, he actually looked hurt. "(Y/n)...you're a mutant, too...the one who worked for the krang.." He trailed off. There was a silence. "...why didn't you ever tell me?"

You hated to see your crush so hurt. "I was afraid..." You breathed quietly, "I'll never be able to take back the things I did, no matter how much I regret them."

Donnie then pulled you into a hug. "But it's me," he whispered, "you can trust me. You can trust all of us."

You smiled and sighed a bit, then pulled back to look up into Donnie's soft eyes. You bit your lip nervously. "Well then...what do ya think?"

"I think," Donnie started, a small smile creeping across his face, "that you're the same beautiful person I met so many months ago." He sighed before going on, "and I'm sure you wouldn't have been helping the krang to hunt us down if you didn't have to...you don't seem like an evil person to me."

You smiled, accepting the compliment without hesitation, "thanks, Don." Your heart was warmed to the core by his words. Then you leaned forward and gave Donnie a quick kiss on the cheek. His eyes widened and his face reddened. But you could tell he was happy about it, because he leaned down and kissed you in return, right on the lips.

And that was the start of you and Donnie. You stayed together for the rest of their lives, and never kept another secret from one another again.