Cupid's Arrow (Donnie X Reader)

Word Count: 891

You raced across the roof tops with your bow in hand. You followed a pack of green monsters, derterminded to catch them. You pulled out an arrow and, as you flew through the air between rooves, let it fly.

The arrow shot straight with immense speed, burrowing deep into the leg of one of the monsters. It fell to the ground. But to your surprise, the other three with it stopped, too. You squinted your eyes as you slowed your pace a little. If these were just any mindless monsters, they would've left the one you shot to die.

You slowly crossed the roof they were on. "Stay away from us!" A voice shouted angrily.

You froze. These monster could talk, too? Finally, you found your voice. "Who are you? What are you doing in New York?" You asked confidently, still hiding in the shadows.

"Well, we're probably not whatever you think we are," another voice breath. His voice quivered a bit. That must be the one I shot, you thought.

Suddenly, you felt guilt build up in your gut. You walked slowly toward the green figures. Maybe they weren't causing trouble after all? You were shocked when you saw that they were, in fact, turtles. "Ahh..." the one on the ground groaned, examining the arrow in his calf.

"S-sorry," you stuttered, "I guess I just expected that you were like all the other monsters around here."

The turtle in blue gave her a shocked look and questioned, "you've seen the other mutants?"

"So you're mutants," you observed.

Then the red masked turtle asked irritatedly, "what are you even doing out here at night?"

"Saving people," you retorted.

The purple masked turtle looked up at you with wide eyes. Your soft, (h/c) hair waved slightly in the breeze, and your (e/c) eyes shone like miraculous gemstones. You were beautiful. He almost forgot about the arrow in his leg. "You too, huh?" He asked with an inoccent sideways smile.

You smiled when you realized that you and these turtles were on the same side. "Let me help you with that," you offered, pointing to his leg. You knelt beside him and got to work.

• • •

After helping Donnie with his leg, he marveled at your smarts. He almost immediately fell in love with you and offered to let you visit whenever you wanted. So you did.

In fact, you and the turtles decided to combined patrols so that you could all be more effective. And weeks after meeting, that's where you all were now. You wore special booster shoes that allowed you to jump higher and farther. You'd made them yourself, which almost caused Donnie to faint when he found out.

"Alright, this way," Leo whisper shouted to the group.

But you froze. Then all of a sudden, you sat down, crossing your legs and folding your hands neatly. You closed your eyes.

Raph looked baffled. "What the hell is she--?" He asked, they turned to you and continued in irritation, "what the hell are you doing?"

Donnie smilied in amusement. "Meditating," he responded for you, "she does it a lot, you know."

"Right now?" Raph demanded in disbelief.

"Not now, guys," Leo warned, stepping between them. "Raph, come with me and Mikey. Donnie," Leo paused to look down at you, "stay with her." Donnie didn't object; he'd been waiting to have some alone time with you.

When you opened your eyes again, you sighed in satisfaction and stood. "Hey, (Y/n)," Donnie greeted with a goofy smile.

"Shh!" You shushed him quickly and shot him a stern look. Donnie frowned a bit. He knew that look meant, 'if you want to patrol with me, you have to follow my rules. Be silent. Be invisible.'

After a while of silence, Donnie moved close to you and reached gently to take your hand. But as soon as he touched it, you pulled away and continued staring down at the roads. Donnie's heart fell.

• • •

You recalled your behavior toward the purple clad turtle during patrol. Afterwards, he'd gone straight back to his room and shut himself in. Realizing that you owed him an apology, you knocked lightly on his door. It opened quickly. "Oh, h-hey, (Y/n)," Donnie greeted with an awkward smile.

You walked in to meet him. "Donnie, I wanted to talk to you about something..."

"Don't," Donnie insisted, "I get it now, you just don't like me that way. I'm sorry for what happened on the roof..."

"N-no!" You argued with a wide eyes. "Donnie, I just get really serious on missions, I'm sorry...I really do like you...that way." You smiled at the end. Then you leaned up and kissed him softly on the cheek.

Donnie's eyes were the size of tennis balls. After the shock, he sighed dreamily, making you laugh. You wrapped your arms around each other and Donnie planted a sweet kiss on your lips

Butterflies flew through your stomach as you smiled giddily. Then a thought crossed your mind. You laughed as you spoke, "it's funny to think: we only met because I shot you with an arrow."

Donnie chuckled, "well, it must've been Cupid's arrow." You rolled your eyes at his cheesy joke, but couldn't hold back a smile. You were both overjoyed to finally be together.