Chapter 1: The Arrival

Also this is all written in 3rd person unless stated otherwise. Carry on my wayward sons and daughters.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     'Shit! I'm late!' Jade thought as she rushed down the stairs. She had already put coverup over top of her bruises and soulmarks.

     Her father was still asleep, the lazy bastard, but she still had her injuries to remind her of him.

     Jade grabbed her keys, purse, phone, and food and ran out to her car, a black 2012 Buick Regal.

     She sped down the streets until she reached the New York Hospital (idk if it's a real place, but I googled it.) and ran out to the locker room.

     "King! You're late!" The head neurosurgeon, Dr. Shaw, barked.

     "I'm sorry, sir, I just-" she began.

     "No excuses, King. That's the third time this month." He said snobbishly. His voice reminded her of nails on a chalkboard.

     "I'm sorry, sir. I'll do better." She said lowering her head in embarrassment.

     "See to it that you do." He snorted, marching away.

     "That man is a brownie hound." Jade muttered, quoting The Breakfast Club.

     "Hey!" Her friend said, running over.

     "Hey Olive! How are you?" Jade said, excitedly hugging her.

     "Amazing! You know why?" She said in a high pitched voice.

     "Why?" Jade said, wondering what could be this exciting.

      "Three of the Avengers are coming here to say hi to the kids!" Olive squealed.

     "No way!" Jade said back, faking her excitement. Don't get her wrong, she's always liked the avengers, but they're just so... flamboyant. Yeah that's the word.

     "Come on! Don't do that fake excitement thing! You know I hate it!" Olive whined.

     "When will they be here?" Jade sighed, the charade over.

     "About... now!" Olive gasped, looking past her.

     All of a sudden three of Jade's marks started burning.

     "What the hell..." she said, and then spun around. "Oh fuck." She said, making eye contact with none other than Tony Stark, Natasha Romanoff, and Steve Rogers.

Sorry it's so short! It's hard working on this when you're sleep deprived. Anyways, night babes.
-Maddy

Words: 345