Chapter 4: The tower

Hey loves! This'll be long and filled with cursing, violence, and mentions of abuse. And of course adorable, protective Avengers. Happy reading! - Maddy

     Jade woke up and groaned. Her entire body was a mess of cuts, bruises, and welts. It hurt to move.

     Jade looked over at her alarm clock. 9:38. "Shit!" She groaned, rolling her aching body out of bed.

     She was supposed to meet the Avengers in 22 minutes.

She muttered curses as she got dressed. She wore this:

     Then she quietly crept out of her room and peered into her father's room

     The stupid asshat was still asleep.

     Jade hurried out of the house and into her car.

~ the Avengers Pov (this is new) ~

It was now 9:58 and the Avengers were getting antsy. Tony, Thor, and Steve were tapping their feet, Clint, Stephen, and Scott were were pacing, Pietro was running around in circles, Peter was talking to Bruce and Loki, and Wanda, Bucky, and Nat were watching the chaos.

"What if she doesn't come?" Tony asked Steve. "What if I was too pushy and she doesn't come?"

Steve grabbed Tony by his shoulders. "No, don't think like that." He said pulling Tony in for a hug. "She'll come Tones."

"Jade King is here, Mr. Stark. Shall I send her up?" Jarvis asked. (Yes Jarvis is alive because I love him so bloody much.)

     "Send her up." Tony sighed in relief.

     Steve rubbed Tony's back softly, then pulled away. The rest of the team were very happy and some showed it more than others. Peter was bouncing up and down in his seat, which was annoying Loki. After a few seconds of this, he wrapped his arm around Peter's shoulders. Peter sighed happily and snuggled up to him. Thor got up and paced around, but Clint dragged him back down, and held his hand.

     The elevator doors dinged, and they all saw Jade, in all of her glory.

~Third person Pov~

     Jade looked out at her mates, and suddenly felt very anxious. She started to shrink into herself, but Pietro and Peter got up and hugged her warmly. She felt herself melt into their arms.

     "Lady Jade! How lovely it is to see you again!" Thor boomed, getting up and picking all of them up.

     "It's... great... to... see you... you... Thor." She managed to gasp out.