Chapter 33: Work

Alright so I forgot to post this yesterday... so yeah. Also our tire is completely flat so, yay! Have fun loves! Love y'all - Maddy

~Third person Pov: brought to you by Wade and his unicorn... need I say more?~

     Jade finally arrived at work.

     "JADE!" Olive ran towards her and tackled her in a hug.

     "I heard what happened!" Olive yelled.

     "... what'd you hear Ollie?" Jade asked hesitantly.

     "Oh! It was horrible! I heard you were attacked and the Avengers were your soulmates!" Olive squeezed her.

     "Yeah... umm that's partially true, but-" Jade started.

      "Nurse King! What a pleasure for you to join us again." The nasally voice of Dr. Shaw sounded.

     "Yes, well, I was training under Dr. Strange. So if you have a problem with that, take it up with him." Jade smirked. She's been around Loki, Zemo, and Wade too much. Not that they'd complain.

      "Well- I- the problem is-" The annoying doctor whined.

      "Ahh, Jade. Nice to see you, my dear." An older woman smiled.

     "Mrs. Xavier. How have you been?" Jade asked, as she pushed Olive off and towards Dr. Shaw, to walk towards the woman.

     "Not bad, my dear. How have you been?" Mrs. Xavier reached up to take her hand.

     "It's been a whirlwind, ma'am." She said honestly.

     "That it has been, hun. Are you sure you're ok? Your hands are freezing!" She held on tighter.

     "Yes, ma'am. I've just been under the weather." Jade smiled, nervously.

     "Alright, my dear. If you say so." Mrs. Xavier smiled a little.

     "Anyways, let's let's get you back to your floor." Jade grabbed the handles of the wheelchair, and wheeled her to the elevator.

     Jade clicked the number 11, also known as the chemotherapy wing.

     As the doors shut, she saw Stephen, Wade, T'challa, Tony, Loki, and Peter.

     'Well shit.' Jade thought.

     "Hi, we're looking for Nurse King." Tony said.

     "What is your relation to Miss King?" The receptionist asked, not looking up.

     "We're her soulmates, madam." Loki smirked childishly.

     The receptionist said, "I'll page her."

     And she did.

     On floor 11, Jade was just talking to Mrs. Xavier, when suddenly her pager started to beep.

     "Dearie, that may be important." Mrs. Xavier said after a few seconds of it beeping.

      "I don't think it is ma'am. I believe it's just my soulmates being overprotective." Jade replied.

      "Remember how important they are, sweetheart. I remember when Charles and I met. Right down to the tee." Mrs. Xavier chuckled."Go with your mates darling."

     "Alright, Mrs. Xavier." Jade smiled, squeezed her hand, and left.

     She ran through the halls down to the stairs.

      "Hey Jay Jay!" Olive said as she ran past her.

      "Hey Ollie. I can't talk right now, I'm being paged." She said, running past.

      "Not even for a fellow Quippan?" Olive smirked.

      "What?" Jade stopped running and backtracked.

      "I thought you were being paged?" Olive chuckled a bit.

      "That isn't important, Ollie. Answer me." Jade growled.

      "I sense a disturbance with our mate." Loki said.

     "Alright let's go." Stephen did his sparkle fingers and made a portal to the 11th floor.