Valentine's Day <3

Pulled from one sweet and heavenly dream into the next as the aroma of buttery deliciousness wakened me from my slumber. I rose from my bed following the sent into the kitchen. Haruhi sat at the table while Ranka hummed happily at the stove.

Once they’ve taken notice to my awakening Ranka turned to me smiling, “Sit down sit down. I was just finishing up breakfast.”

I sat down next to Haruhi as Ranka wiped around setting in front of each of us a plate of heart shaped pancakes, with strawberries cut in half to look like hearts. “Happy Valentine day!” He smiled ever so cheerfully.

But immediately I asked, “Is that today?”      

“Yeah,” Haruhi answered, “Don’t you and Kaoru have something planned?”

“Not that I know of,” I said as I began to pick at my heartcakes.

Ranka sat down with a plate of his own and a confident smirk, “He’s going to surprise you.”

“You think?”

“There’s no way he’d just forget all about it,” Haruhi said as she pour a glass of milk.

“Like me?” I questioned with a laugh.

Ranka looked at me with eyes filled with sorrow, “Brianna sweetie, I think we are know that you’re not the romantic in this relationship.”

I let out a gasp, “What? I can be romantic!”

Haruhi began to laugh and I pointed to her, “Can’t get any worse than her!”

“Hey!” Haruhi said trying to stop her chuckles.

Ranka stoked his chin looking to his daughter, “You may be right on that one.”

“Dad?!”

Ranka shrugged, “Honestly Haruhi I don’t know how you’re such a popular host. You put no effort into any form of romantic standers.”

“That’s why she’s the natural. She doesn’t have to try,” I explained in the defense of my friend.

“And what kind of host are you?”

“I can’t be labeled.”

“Why’s that?” Asked Ranka.

“She’s bipolar.” Haruhi mutter.

“Am not!”

Haruhi glared at me from a moment then reached onto my plate to take my last strawberry. Quickly my fork was stabbed into the table right in front of her hand. I gave her a deathly stare as I coldly said, “Drop it!”

Haruhi dropped the strawberry and looked to her father, “See what I mean?”

But he was just staring at the table with the fork sticking out of it, “That’s mahogany!” He shouted very Effie like.

I looked down to the light wooded table, and easily pulled the fork out saying softly, “No it’s not?”

He jumped to his cheerful self saying happily, “Oh I know I just wanted to say that line! I’ve been practicing my capital accent, how was it?”

“Great!” I said with a wide smile and two thumbs up. “Loved the emphases in the Hog-any.”

Haruhi rolled her eyes, “I’m I the only normal one around here?”

“Haruhi what is normal?” I asked her.

“What a majority of people act like?” She answered questionably.