The Nightmare of Christmas

“Hikaru, have you seen Bria-“ Karou’s voice cut off as he woke me from my uncomfortable slumber.

“What’s this?” Kaoru asked.

My eyes refused to open but I heard movement coming from in front of me. Sleepily Hikaru’s voice groaned, “Told you this would look bad.”

Still in a sleepy gaze my mind began to fusion again, and now I remember where I am. I shot up from the floor and sat up with Hikaru sitting in front of me across scattered papers and in the doorway stood Kaoru with his arms crossed glaring at us. I tried picture myself in his shoes right now looking down at my girlfriend in a room alone with my bother all night. Doesn’t look to good, and the fact that I’m about to lie to him makes it no better. But Hikaru though? Hikaru, I can’t even ima-

“Bri?” Kaoru said heartlessly as he looked at me, his face was so serious, so hurt. What kind of person would really do what he’s thinking, I know I wouldn’t. I guess he wouldn’t know for sure. I looked to Hikaru and he had the same lost look on his face that I would imagine I have right now. Then simultaneously we both started to laugh historically. Kaoru’s face got really red really fast making us laugh harder, I clinched my stomach and Hikaru rolled onto his side. Kaoru started to walk away, I tried to get up but fell back to the floor laughing.

“Go get him,” Hikaru breathed in-between laughs.

I got up and sped into the hall following behind Kaoru. I took a few quick steps to step in front of him and the moment I did I threw my arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss. Once I started to feel him relax a bit I pulled back saying, “Merry Christmas!”

He huffed, “Yeah way to start it, why the Hell we’re you in there with Hikaru all night?”

I let out another chuckle, removing my arms from around his neck and leaning onto the wall, “He was helping me with a Christmas gift for Mike. He writes like me and every year we give each other some of our favorite songs and poems we wrote that year. I normally don’t let people help but I needed this done so I can send it tomorrow.”

“Well why didn’t you wake me up?” He asked relaxing a bit more.

“Well I tried but you wouldn’t wake up at first, figured you must have been tired and left you alone. So I went to wake up Hikaru because I can care less if he gets a goodnights rest.”

“Well that’s nice to know,” Hikaru said as he strolled into the hall. “Nice little over dramatic morning but why don’t we go find out what Santa brought us.” He walked past us and glanced back as he stepped, I looked to Kaoru as he looked to me. A wide smile grew across my face before I turned and rushed down the hall wiping past Hikaru heading for the din. Hikaru laughed and started to run after me with Kaoru on his tail. We dashed past their parents and I stopped short at the doorway of the din. Gifts were stacked over half way up the tree and spread all the way to my feet. The twins stopped at my shoulders and as I stared at the Christmas of a lifetime. I mean none of this is mine besides what my parents sent me, but I feel like I will never in my life see this again.

“What you scared to move?” Hikaru smiled.