Change of winds

From my slumber of peace the sound of irritation destroyed my happy dreams. Beep after beep after beep, as if it servers no other purpose in life than to be the obnoxious antagonist that defeats my slumber.

I removed the covers from over my head and stared at the alarm clock on the nightstand. Oh how I loathe thee, how does it dare to tell me when it is I must wake? How does it dare to repeat the sound that drowns my ears? And how does it dare to be so far away from me that I can’t reach it?

I sat up throwing the blanket off of me not at all happy, “Okay I get it!” I mutter as I swung my legs off the edge of the bed. I hit the dismiss button on the alarm clock and sighed to myself, “Time for school.”

I jumped up hopped in the shower and threw on my under garments and my fuzzy purple robe as I brushed my teeth. Still brushing my teeth I looked around the room for the yellow monstrosity commonly known as my uniform.

After my room in the Hitanchiin home was pieced back together some of my personal things were moved around. This would explain how a big ugly yellow dress can possibly come up missing. I when back to the bathroom to spit then back to my room I held my tooth brush in my mouth and throw on a pair of sweat pants, and zipped a jacket up over my tank top. I walked out of my room and down the hall and knocked on the twin’s door. While I waited I decided to finish brushing my teeth, Hikaru opened the door half dressed, “What do you want?”

I now realize it was a bad idea to brush my teeth in the all with no sink. I pushed all the toothpaste and saliva to one jaw and asked, “Have you seen my yellow monstrosity?”

He leaned against the doorway and crossed his arms, “Yeah, I think mom throw it out. Why?”

I looked down at my baggy morning get up and said, “I kinda need it.”

“Oh Tamaki didn’t tell you?” He asked with a surprised look.

“Tell me what?” It was starting to get hard holding all this mintieness in my mouth.

“The uniforms got changed. Mom showed the chairman your designs and he liked them. Mom’s company wiped somethings up and distributed the new uniforms to everyone. Your closet should be stocked, now go get dressed before we’re late.” He finished and shut the door in my face but I didn’t care because the second the door was closed I took off running back to my room. I dashed into the bathroom and rushed to the sink to spit. I took a moments breath then wiped my mouth and went to the second closet in this room that I never use. Sure enough Hikaru was right, this closet was stocked. It had different styles of black skirts, and a few black, gray, and blue, plaid. There were white long sleeve and short sleeve button up shirts, royal blue jackets with long sleeves and mid sleeves, black, blue, and grave, vest and sweaters. And three different black ties with the purple line.

I smiled wide at my choices, at just the fact that I now have choices. Except I don’t get the choice to wear pants but it’s whatever. I snatch a shirt, a black skirt, and normal tie, and a blazer and quickly dressed and started down stairs. As I walked into the dining room for breakfast I was still tying my tie.

“See Hikaru, Bri can tie a tie.” Kaoru pointed out with a chuckle as Hikaru fought with his tie at the table.

Mrs. H walked past me as I sat down and kissed me on the forehead, “Goodmorning sweetheart. Like your new uniforms?” She said cheerfully as she sat down in her seat.

“Yes I love them! Why didn’t you tell me you were doing this?” I leaned forward on the table because Hikaru and Kaoru were doing something stupid behind me.

She smiled, “Well I figured you could use a happy surprise before you went back to school.”

I smiled at her saying thank you then broke up this tie fight behind me. I sat back and turned to Hikaru, I took his tie in hand and began to tie it as Mr. H walked in, “Goodmorning children.”