Before the Ball

Ranka was not happy about Haruhi and her new boyfriend but also did not protest. Turns out Hikaru and Haruhi was fighting about what to eat for dinner. Haruhi wanted fancy tuna and Hikaru tried to explain that there is no such thing. I can’t help but think that this is unlike Haruhi to get upset over something so small, but I honestly I think she just wanted to get out of there.

We didn’t do anything today in class so she pretended to keep busy so she didn’t have to talk to Hikaru. Childish. Hikaru talked to Kaoru and I sketched into my note book designs of a dress I would love to be wearing tonight. After a sigh of hopelessness from knowing that I will only be background music for tonight’s party and not a guest, I began to sketch what I wished Ouran’s girl uniforms looked like. By the end of the day I came up a dozen new uniforms ten times better than the yellow monstrosity.

I had to stay after school for final rehearsals, and the host got to go home to get ready. So instead of hanging out with Hikaru after school and waiting for me, Haruhi left me.

I got home an hour before me and Haruhi had to go to the Ball. With my attar for the night.

“What took you so long?” Haruhi said already dressed in a brown suit.

“I got lost, and lost again, then lost again. I found your neighbor and followed her.” I looked at her suit once more, and said “You’re not wearing that are you?”

She looked down at it and said, “Yes. Why, what’s wrong with it?”

I gave a loud groan and fell onto my bed, “Haruhi you wore that last year!”

“Well it’s the only suit I have.”

I sat up and let my mind wonder through my closet, I thought of the perfect thing.

“If I have to go to this ball dressed in plain and black, then I’m gonna have you pimped out!”

“WHAT?!”

I got up and ran to my dresser, “Just let me work!”

I’ve always kept boy clothes with me because they just don’t make girl clothes for some of the looks I go for.

“Here iron this,” I demanded as I throw a red silk button up shirt at her, and some black dress pants. Then I pulled out a black bow tie, and suspenders. Then grabbed a small box from my box in the bottom of the closet.

Haruhi had already ironed and changed into the shirt and pants. I walked over to her, set the box on the bed and handed her the black suspenders. As she snapped them on I tied the bow tie around her neck.

“There’s no buttons on the sleeves. How do I close them?” Haruhi said looking hopeless.

“Have you never had a nice shirt before?” I asked her confused.

She shrugged and I turned to the box I set down on the bed and held it to my heart saying,

“These are very very VERY impotent. If these are lost not only will I kill you but I will be dead. These belonged to my grandfather and I begged my father for years to have them. Last year he finally realized that I was more worthy to have them then any of his sons.”

I opened the box to revile diamonded cufflinks. “These are real diamonds and these are really expensive as you can probably imagine.”  

“Bri I can’t,” she said as I snapped them on.

“Don’t worry about it. We’re at a school of rich kids not like anyone’s going to steal them.”

There was ten minutes left until the twins said they’ll pick us up. I hurried and pulled my hair into a neat bum and pulled on the simple black dress that came to the knees. Then slid on black heels, my white gold necklace, and diamond studs. Then looked back at Haruhi, and smiled “You look nice! If I didn’t already know you were a girl than-“ There was a honk outside.